Axixtech ST6 6 Diode Super Thin Surface Mount, Anybody tried them?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I was down in another town the other day and seen these at a "install" shop... they didn't have a way to test them but they look interesting enough to try...

[Broken External Image]:http://www.lshlights.com/mmLSHSHOP/Images/st6.gif

(borrowed from LSH lights)

I might try these on the Kia as intersection lights if i can find them at a good enough price...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i just noticed the other day our "sprinter" type van has 4 of these on it here at the college. they look halfway decent during daylight except these people have it set to random  in amber/ clear so they get to looking like a yellow blur. i might get a set....

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
If I recall correctly they can't be hooked to an external flasher. About the only thing I remember.

mp3sgt

Jan 15, 2013
Laurel Hill, FL
I do not have the picture readily available, but our local lights/radios servicer installed an ST6 in the diamond plate side an amber module.  The brightness and flash pattern is comparable to the Code 3 Prizm II modules we have elsewhere on the truck.  I would recommend the ST6.  Plus, since they are so small, they actually fit behind the diamond plate where is folds toward the ground and does not stick out.

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
There is also the Federal Signal MPS600U which is  the same thing with a bit different software, and the MPS620U which is dual color with 2 inputs. We use them alot for fender lights, on the bottom of tailgates, etc.. They also now have a MPS300, MPS1200 which is basically a 3 led light head, and a 12 led light head in the super thin configuration. I would bet those will come out in a dual color soon enough too. I have not seen axitech have the dual color option yet.

Look at the PDF: Micropulse Ultra

http://fedsig.com/news/marketing-updates/page/2

They are bright, they are small. Really a good light and we have used a ton of them with no issues.

The federals also include a trim bezel to hide the mounting screws.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
There is also the Federal Signal MPS600U which is  the same thing with a bit different software, and the MPS620U which is dual color with 2 inputs. We use them alot for fender lights, on the bottom of tailgates, etc.. They also now have a MPS300, MPS1200 which is basically a 3 led light head, and a 12 led light head in the super thin configuration. I would bet those will come out in a dual color soon enough too. I have not seen axitech have the dual color option yet.

Look at the PDF: Micropulse Ultra

http://fedsig.com/news/marketing-updates/page/2

They are bright, they are small. Really a good light and we have used a ton of them with no issues.

The federals also include a trim bezel to hide the mounting screws.

Do you happen to know if the Federal Signal MPS600U lights are compatible with external flashers?

I am trying to find some 3 led micropulse ultras (apparently FS just released them in July), and I want to use them with an external flasher.

I would imagine axixtech manufactures both of these lights for Federal Signal and the software would be similar.

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
That I am not sure about. If I apply power to mode 1 they are instant on. Mode 2 is not if mode 1 is active, but if mode 1 is not active, then mode 2 will be instant on.

There is talk that they are possibly coming out with a dummy light in this series, but that could be all talk.

I know we could not get the axitxtech versions on a flasher, but we have never tried with the federal. The software is different enough though, that it might work.

Video: first one is a RED WHITE version on the front corners of an Expedition. The stick in the grill is a Feniex Cobra 600.

make sure you watch in HD. This one is overcast dusk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: got_yogurt

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
seem like nice lights but the axxitech lights are way thinner. im thinking of using these in red white for intersection lights on my kia. they will look like "aftermarket turn signals" until turned on...

I was thinking on the front fenders just under the indentation...  (hard to tell in pick but its about 6 inches above the white trim...)

[Broken External Image]:http://cthst.com/elegantautos/Y5883458-1sm.jpg

(not my car but close enough)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ill try searching for that one then...

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
another company will be importing these as well pretty soon. 

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
why not setting them in Steady and them hook up to the external flasher?

does that not work?
No on the early models at least it did not. Something with the start up time?

Neulujack

Jan 27, 2015
Vancouver, BC
No on the early models at least it did not. Something with the start up time?
Just tested both MPS600U and the ST6 in the garage; the ST6 does have a latency at start-up but MPS600U works perfect.

I guess they have somehow made an improvement for the newer modules?

Have anyone try MPS600U on a flasher yet?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.