Axixtech Stealth Visor Install: how do I stop vibration?

May 22, 2010
Bauxite Arkansas
I just installed an Axixtech Stealth Visor in my truck:

http://elightbars.org/forums/f34/2006-dodge-ram-mega-cab-2500-stealth-visor-56-a-33067/

My question is, how do I stop the vibrating? It vibrates against the windshield and is pretty annoying. First thought was to add some rubber trim to the leading edge. I've bent the brackets up and slid the light in from the front so that the lights are held close to the windshield, but it still vibrates. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Craig

fier23

Feb 26, 2012
Kansas City MO
I would try home depot, lowes, menards. I don't know the name but its a rubberized edge protector. It has metal ribs in it that help it stay on whatever you attach it to.

tarheel3559

May 23, 2010
North Carolina
Just so you know...took me over a year to decide to try this but about a year ago I bought the Dodge Charger brackets for the SV figuring that there couldn't be too much difference between the two overhead visors. And what do ya know..I was right. I found this out tonight. I finally got tired of the SV sitting around and mounted it almost perfectly with the Charger brackets. I've got a 2008 Ram Mega Cab and I hated the flashback/poor fitment of the SV until tonight when I mounted it using the Charger brackets. Just an idea for ya!

May 22, 2010
Bauxite Arkansas
tarheel3559 said:
Just so you know...took me over a year to decide to try this but about a year ago I bought the Dodge Charger brackets for the SV figuring that there couldn't be too much difference between the two overhead visors. And what do ya know..I was right. I found this out tonight. I finally got tired of the SV sitting around and mounted it almost perfectly with the Charger brackets. I've got a 2008 Ram Mega Cab and I hated the flashback/poor fitment of the SV until tonight when I mounted it using the Charger brackets. Just an idea for ya!

Pics please!!! Email them to firefighter_2000 AT hotmail DOT com or text them to five zero one-350-nine538

Thanks!

Craig

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
ai0.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_original_000_019_580_yoda_rtfm.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.