B&B Lighting Solutions - 2010 Dodge Dakota Big Horn Eddition

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
A simple install for as friend in a neighboring Fire & EMS Company...

Whelen Responder R2LP (Roof)

Mini Phanton (Lower Windshield)

Kenwood Radio (Hidden in the center console)

The Responder is on it's own switch. The mini phantom is run of the cig plug. The radio is on a switched ignition power from the under hood power center.

And here are the pics:

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Ligbeb53f37ee755789ae7092ef1cda1efb.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Lig5be27801565537691a455fcf8443061e.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Ligfee946a279741fd119db6afa450a5e53.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Lig6fc28231f31d916c77165a220f6f98bd.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Ligfde160549fe52b60e687fc550eda1623.jpg

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I REALLY like the radio for some reason. Is there a siren?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
FireEMSPolice said:
Cant say I agree with a mini-bar on a truck but nice job overall.
Well it is only a mid-sized truck... He likes it, and it looks nice lit up...

RL1 said:
I REALLY like the radio for some reason. Is there a siren?
No, no siren, just a radio. I like it's location as well... Hidden, but very easy access.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Will serve its purpose. Simple and yet effective.

I'd recommend the Slim on the dash rather than the mirror. First the flashback must be a killer without a shroud at rearview mirror level, second it makes more sense to lower the secondary source of light and cover a different area.

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
TheGatekeeper said:
Will serve its purpose. Simple and yet effective.
I'd recommend the Slim on the dash rather than the mirror. First the flashback must be a killer without a shroud at rearview mirror level, second it makes more sense to lower the secondary source of light and cover a different area.

I was in the process of removing the Slim from the mirror in the pics. The one pic shows the Slim on the lower part of the windshield.

ParkPiggy said:
Didn't think there was any such thing as a "Big Horn Edition" Dakota. Unless he is calling it that, just because its a crew cab.

We were confused as well..We didnt notice any thing that said a a big horn edition but, didnt really question it. We didnt care what it was. As long as we had something to install thats all we cared about. lol

BJ

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
ParkPiggy said:
Didn't think there was any such thing as a "Big Horn Edition" Dakota. Unless he is calling it that, just because its a crew cab.

I did a quick check of the Dodge site and there is a Big Horn edition of the Dakota.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
The only emblem that says big horn is on the tailgate... Plus there are some different styling cues on it as compaired to a normal Dakota...

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
Not bad. Might be just the angle but the radio looks like it takes up most of the console. Is it possible to remount it closer to the front/side of the console so you could still fit stuff in there? And have you thought about mounting the antenna on the roof? I know it's a magmount but figure since you went to the effort of mounting the minibar the antenna wouldn't be a challenge.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
irsa76 said:
Not bad. Might be just the angle but the radio looks like it takes up most of the console. Is it possible to remount it closer to the front/side of the console so you could still fit stuff in there? And have you thought about mounting the antenna on the roof? I know it's a magmount but figure since you went to the effort of mounting the minibar the antenna wouldn't be a challenge.

We mounted the radio where the owner wanted... He doesn't put anything in the console so it wasn't a big deal that we filled most of the space. And we didn't drill any new holes to mount it there, we simply took out 2 of the 4 screws that hold the console door on and installed the bracket. As for the antenna, we didn't have enough cable to work with to put it on the roof, so that is the reason it is on the hood. The roof was the original plan.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Update!!!

We recently installed some Whelen 5MM 700s with pedestal mounts behind the grill. It was simple, and no holes... LoL

Unfortunately we dont have pics yet. The owner tagged a deer the night we installed the lightbar and radio, and the truck isnt fixed yet... LoL When it's fixed we'll get some pics and vids up...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
theroofable said:
Ouch, how bad was the damage? Its a nice looking truck, I like the way the lightbar looks on it.

Bumper, drivers headlight, drivers fog light, drivers fender. Tagged the ass-end right on the headlight...

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
He is lucky then, I still hate to see damage to new nice looking vehicles. Hopefully it didnt mess up the paint too bad. Those look like expensive headlights though.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
theroofable said:
He is lucky then, I still hate to see damage to new nice looking vehicles. Hopefully it didnt mess up the paint too bad. Those look like expensive headlights though.

Me too... And they most likely are knowing dodge... Luckily it happened going to a call, so his deductable might get paid for by his department... It's supposed to go in for repair the beginging of next week...

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Yeah, it should be covered by his department then, I know we are covered when responding/ on scene. There are quite a few deer that didnt make it laying on the side of the road. Im just glad they werent caught by me.

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
Ben E. said:
Nice and simple. What's the deal with the caribiner on the Mini-phantom?

its just there. lol not used for anything, not for assist in the mounting bracket. i questioned it and the owner was like "i duno"..lol

BJ

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.