Bac-Off M-1053 (Now w/ videos!)

rsvx116

Feb 9, 2016
USA
I have a mid-80s Bac-Off M-1053 in blue. There are three halogen bulbs in it, each with their own reflector and lens. The inner one lights steady, while the outer two alternate. Mine has homemade brackets for mounting on the back deck of a car. I wouldn't say it's rare, but I wasn't able to find anything on it. My light says Pat. Pending on it, so I searched the Patent Office for Bac-Off and found three patents from the mid-80s. From what I was able to gather, the original Bac-Off was intended to be a third brakelight with a wig-wag function. Step on the brakes and the inner bulb comes on. The outer two alternate four times and then go steady. Mine has a blue lens and constantly alternates for emergency vehicle use. It is marked DOT and SAE-U-85 and seems very bright. It is an oddball light, and I'd like to know if anyone else has heard of the Bac-Off Corporation of San Diego, California.
Links to patents:
Patent 4,651,129
Patent D293,133
Patent D311,962
Pictures of light:
20160408_102600.jpg
20160408_102622.jpg

coplite

May 13, 2021
NJ
I have a mid-80s Bac-Off M-1053 in blue. There are three halogen bulbs in it, each with their own reflector and lens. The inner one lights steady, while the outer two alternate. Mine has homemade brackets for mounting on the back deck of a car. I wouldn't say it's rare, but I wasn't able to find anything on it. My light says Pat. Pending on it, so I searched the Patent Office for Bac-Off and found three patents from the mid-80s. From what I was able to gather, the original Bac-Off was intended to be a third brakelight with a wig-wag function. Step on the brakes and the inner bulb comes on. The outer two alternate four times and then go steady. Mine has a blue lens and constantly alternates for emergency vehicle use. It is marked DOT and SAE-U-85 and seems very bright. It is an oddball light, and I'd like to know if anyone else has heard of the Bac-Off Corporation of San Diego, California.
Links to patents:
Patent 4,651,129
Patent D293,133
Patent D311,962
Pictures of light:
View attachment 154824
View attachment 154825
This may be a long shot, i realize this post is 6 years old but the pictures aren't showing up here can you possibly re add them or email them to me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.