Be safe out there (trooper hit in snowstorm)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
People need to slow the motherf*****g hell down in snowstorms! This bull***t pisses me off to no f*****g end :mad:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Sadly, there isn’t much a trooper/LEO can do on the highways to avoid everything, particularly in rural areas.

As a FF in a heavily populated area, I’m fortunate enough to have multiple engines 3-5 min away from me and automatically have a 2nd piece (engine/aerial/tanker) dispatched for blocking purposes only + all our vehicles have 3+ FF/PMs so we always have someone that can spot and watch traffic. Unfortunately, even having blocking units, cones, vests, & every safety measure known to man doesn’t guarantee 100% safety (dumbasses find a way to weave around them and run our butts over) and being a LEO on solo patrol means you’ll either have your back to traffic or towards a vehicle with potentially dangerous occupants at all times.

Glad our brother in blue was relatively ok afterwards & I’ll bet my paycheck the dumb chick was on her phone while going too fast.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.