"BEEHIVE" / "JELLYJAR" Light Thread

rick h.

Veteran Member
As always a beautiful collection .the #14 pic of the one red flasher unit with the extra blue lense looks like one I have in my collection
 
OP
OP
dmathieu

dmathieu

Premium Member
Below are Federal's versions of the "Beehive" light.


Federal called them "Scatter Ray", later renamed "Scat-O-Ray" lights


Federal Enterprises BR-2


Federal Sign And Signal BR-1 portable, meant to be mounted on a 6 Volt battery. (This is actually a Carpenter Light, but Federal's was almost identical)


Federal Sign And Signal BR-2, newer design


Federal Sign And Signal BR-2S


Federal Signal BR-2S H, 55 Watt halogen version.

S6302759.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

STATEY183

Member
I WANT THEM..................ALL!!!! Great collection Dan!!!!!
 

Skip Goulet

Passed Away
Dan: Is that one light with the plug-in built by 'Lectric-Lites? I recently made a deal for one via this board. They were built in Ft. Worth, and I knew the company owners at one time. I have one NOS and two used red Federal BR-2s. I'd like to find a blue lens for one.
 
OP
OP
dmathieu

dmathieu

Premium Member
Skip Goulet said:
Dan: Is that one light with the plug-in built by 'Lectric-Lites? I recently made a deal for one via this board. They were built in Ft. Worth, and I knew the company owners at one time. I have one NOS and two used red Federal BR-2s. I'd like to find a blue lens for one.
The light with the red cord and plug is a K-D Dash Flasher.


The one with the metal base, and black cord and plug is a North American.
 

Crownfire

Member
That Griffin 360 is beautiful with the amber dome. The lenses with horizontal only optics are hard to come by. Most that you see have both horizontal and vertical ribs.
 
OP
OP
dmathieu

dmathieu

Premium Member
Crownfire said:
That Griffin 360 is beautiful with the amber dome. The lenses with horizontal only optics are hard to come by. Most that you see have both horizontal and vertical ribs.
These also seem to give out a brighter more intense light than the double fluted variety. .
 

ex416

Member
congrats on the new addition Dan. that's a cool looking light. you sure do come up with some nice lights
 

Skip Goulet

Passed Away
ex416 said:
congrats on the new addition Dan. that's a cool looking light. you sure do come up with some nice lights
That's only because Dan sits at his computer 24/7 looking for this stuff. Nobody can beat that way. :yes:
 

toon80

Veteran Member
Skip Goulet said:
That's only because Dan sits at his computer 24/7 looking for this stuff. Nobody can beat that way. :yes:
He doesn't even needs to sleep.


J/K Dan :)
 
OP
OP
dmathieu

dmathieu

Premium Member
kitn1mcc said:
maxi signal is still in business did they the rebadge tomars stuff
Looks to me, like Tomar products rebadged for Maxi.


The tag / badge actually says mfg. by Tomar.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
dmathieu

dmathieu

Premium Member
Skip Goulet said:
Dan: This set shows the two different bases that Federal used on the BR series. Do you know when they switched from the flat base to the rounded base?
Sure Skip.


The older BR2, and the newer BR2 bases were meant for watertight flat mounting, like on the roof.


The Higher base BR2S, and BR2SH , according to Federal, were specially designed for rear posting on fire trucks.
 

Skip Goulet

Passed Away
dmathieu said:
Sure Skip.
The older BR2, and the newer BR2 bases were meant for watertight flat mounting, like on the roof.


The Higher base BR2S, and BR2SH , according to Federal, were specially designed for rear posting on fire trucks.
That's interesting, as I've seen both styles mounted both ways.
 
OP
OP
dmathieu

dmathieu

Premium Member
Skip Goulet said:
That's interesting, as I've seen both styles mounted both ways.
With the BR2S model, there is no gasket to seal the wire hole in the roof against water infiltration. You would have to seal it with putty or silicone, not really the proper way to do things.
 

Skip Goulet

Passed Away
dmathieu said:
With the BR2S model, there is no gasket to seal the wire hole in the roof against water infiltration. You would have to seal it with putty or silicone, not really the proper way to do things.
I have two with that rounded base and three-bolt mount. Both came with small grommets to seal the wire. Since I haven't mounted them anywhere, I don't know how well the grommets work.
 
OP
OP
dmathieu

dmathieu

Premium Member
Here's a new one added to my "Beehive" - "Jellyjar" subcollection.


Model # not marked.

S6303663.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Listings

Top Bottom