Bee's vs SO car

zack A

May 24, 2010
NC
http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/8148337/

WRAL-Raleigh,NC

A Wake County sheriff's deputy found himself in the middle of a swarm of bees Tuesday when he went to check on a report of a disabled truck near the Smithfield Road exit off U.S. Highway 64.

The truck, pulling a trailer of honeybee hives being moved from Mount Airy to Rocky Mount, broke down before dawn, said Phyllis Stephens, a spokeswoman for the sheriff's office. When the sun rose and the bees became active, they began to fly around.

Deputy Brandon Jenkins took shelter in his car, which was quickly covered with the bees.

The sheriff's office called for help from local beekeeper Charles Heatherly and Jennifer Keller, from the apiculture department at North Carolina State University. The experts spritzed the bees with sugar water and coaxed many of them back into boxes for transport.

Those that remained on the deputy's car were scattered as he drove away, Stephens said.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
Thats just freaky... I have a healthy fear of bees due to stepping on a ground hornet hive when I was a kid. I was covered from head to toe and got stung a bunch of times...

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Campbell Co. Kentucky had a beehive as their government seal.

It's hard to take a cop seriously when he pulls up with a cartoon beehive on his door.

mfaith91

May 23, 2010
Kentucky
Looks like he was Beezy for awhile on that call...

Deputy: "Radio...Bzzzzzz.... I need help... Bzzzzzzzzzzzz...."

Radio: "You've got a loud buzz in your radio... can you repeat?"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.