Behind the scenes

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Numerous members here on eLightbars have asked to see what the "inner workings" are at JazzDad Industries. While much of our facilities, both on campus and off are restricted due to the confidential nature of our on-going research, sometimes we can share an insightful glimpse with the public.

If you've ever called JDI, and were put on hold for a moment just after you identified yourself...

image015.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
The master control facility for the JDI complex in North America.

JDI control.jpg

We are very proud of the computers we recently upgraded!

Next phase will be push button phones.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Its amazing there! After my visit, I can tell you firsthand that they have *********** near the *******, which leads to the lower **********

Last edited by JazzDad; Today at 02:37 PM.

Reason: classified

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Phoenix_Rising said:
Its amazing there! After my visit, I can tell you firsthand that they have *********** near the *******, which leads to the lower **********

my rogue moderation got rogued :-x

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
EMT-BLS said:
FAIL

When you fake an edit, you need to make it Size 1 and in italics. For example...

Last edited by JohnMarcson; Today at 2:56

Was meant to be noticeably different *shrugs*

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
[i think I'll sneak this in here.]

JDI announces the end of life of the JDI ILLUMIS® Lightbar. This announcement applies to all releases in the ILLUMIS family, but does not apply to Release E. The last day to order the JDI ILLUMIS is June 12, 2013. Maintenance releases and software fixes will no longer be available via release as of February 12, 2014. Software defects found in this release are addressed by migrating to JDI ILLUMIS Software Release 14.1 or later releases. Customers under maintenance contract will continue to receive support from the JDI Technical Assistance Center (TAC) until June 12, 2015. Our website describes the end-of-life milestones, definitions, and dates for this release. This is the only notice that will be posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
You heard it first right here on ELB: JazzDad Industries® will soon release our new line of interior siren and PA speakers.

• No more rust.
  • No more clumsy brackets.
  • None of the difficulties trying to fit a speaker in the engine compartment or in the grille.

Both models (dash and rear deck) will be available in 200W, 400W and the soon-to-be defacto standard 800W version. With the ability to handle this many watts, you're sure to say, "what?"

Pre-order yours today.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
JazzDad said:
You heard it first right here on ELB: JazzDad Industries® will soon release our new line of interior siren and PA speakers.
  • No more rust.
  • None of the difficulties trying to fit a speaker in the engine compartment or in the grille.

Both models (dash and rear deck) will be available in 200W, 400W and the soon-to-be defacto standard 800W version. With the ability to handle this many watts, you're sure to say, "what?"

Pre-order yours today.
Before I consider buying one of these, I need to be sure: Can this also override the brake controls? If not, I'll have to pass.

MJDNRP-6885

Jul 25, 2010
Germantown Hills, IL
JazzDad said:
  • No more rust.

Pre-order yours today.

jdi.gif

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
Phoenix_Rising said:

I'm still trying to find 0237PM on my time recording device.

brb, ....I know it's here somewhere.

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
crescentstar69 said:
And last, but certainly not least, let's give a hand to Francine the PBX operator. She is the voice of JDI.

So,.....you ever plug dat?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
id like to see a newer version of the siren with "hoo" and "yup", "toy ray gun" as a tone...

in the sequence of whoo, hoo, yup, toy ray gun...

toy ray gun mode should sound like pew pew pew pew burororororororororor pew pew pew zap!

Reactions: bmd224

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
MJDNRP-6885 said:

That is quite impressive, indeed. Would you mind forwarding us a copy of your resume? (You only got the light switch wrong. It has 9 positions, and wraps around to the side of the unit.)

Reactions: Evtech161

MJDNRP-6885

Jul 25, 2010
Germantown Hills, IL
new and improved!!

jdiWB800.gif

At this time we ask that you do not use the "Turrets Syndrome Tone", due to a bad run of memory modules, as is uses profanities and racial epithets only spoken in Korean.

Kim-Jong-Un-273x300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
^^^^^^^^

$10 says LEDOutfitters had already sent this off to Chang-Chung-da-Chinaman for their copyi... err... "Original Design". Should be seeing it throughout the NYC area in Hatzolah vehicles in about 9 weeks.

Reactions: lenny77

MJDNRP-6885

Jul 25, 2010
Germantown Hills, IL
FreshDave04 said:
^^^^^^^^

$10 says LEDOutfitters had already sent this off to Chang-Chung-da-Chinaman for their copyi... err... "Original Design". Should be seeing it throughout the NYC area in Hatzolah vehicles in about 9 weeks.

The "Pew" tone will be replaced with "oi vey!" on Hatzolah models. :D

Rumor has it that Delta3 has already filed multiple law suits, in 27 countries, for copyright and trademark infringements claiming that "Full retard" mode is theirs.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
<------ wonders if he should change pattern on traffic director to center in pattern, watch mayhem ensue!!!

Reactions: Doug

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Long story short: Francine's sister, Edna, also works here. She is in the procurement department, and she is a bit hard of hearing. I told her we needed a bunch more warning devices. I wish she had verified what I was asking for.

She made a purchase of two 40' cargo containers, so now I will be offering them to you at substantial savings.

heater.jpg

Note: these are warming devices, not warning.

Also, does anyone need a deaf, near retirement age woman to help with your business?

MJDNRP-6885

Jul 25, 2010
Germantown Hills, IL
JazzDad said:
Long story short: Francine's sister, Edna, also works here. She is in the procurement department, and she is a bit hard of hearing. I told her we needed a bunch more warning devices. I wish she had verified what I was asking for.

She made a purchase of two 40' cargo containers, so now I will be offering them to you at substantial savings.

View attachment 53406

Note: these are warming devices, not warning.

That looks like one of those old outdoor movie theater speakers you hang on your car window.

Also, does anyone need a deaf, near retirement age woman to help with your business?

You could send her to Delta3 Tech... :haha:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
You will be pleased to know that JazzDad Industries is now offering grill lights. Now you can cook your steaks and burgers at night.

Budump.

:bonk:

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
JazzDad said:
You will be pleased to know that JazzDad Industries is now offering grill lights. Now you can cook your steaks and burgers at night.

Budump.

:bonk:

Oh, please...we all know that everything works better at night. Show us daytime capabilities!

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
*This is just to deny the rumors that JDI will soon be releasing a new product that will TOTALLY revolutionize the entire emergency equipment industry. And even if such a rumor had any validity, the product would be so secret that we wouldn't even tell you about it for a year after it went on the market. AND THEN, all the purchasers of said product would have to sign a affidavit that they wouldn't discuss the product (even if it existed).

So, go about your normal business. Nothing to see here. Move along. Git! :popcorn:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
EMT-BLS said:
Before I consider buying one of these, I need to be sure: Can this also override the brake controls? If not, I'll have to pass.

Im passing as well, it does not have "Coruscate" as an option, nor is it of the Furry Series/Line.

Sorry Jazz

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
FreshDave04 said:
Hypothetically, what kind of process would one have to complete in order to be considered for a JDI distributorship?

Hypothetically, there is a 12 week boot camp you attend. (It's a little more difficult than the ones run by the Marine Corps.) We have to toughen you up to be able to handle the complaints that may possibly come in occasionally from someone who could be slightly displeased with an exceptional JDI product you sold to them.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Phoenix_Rising said:
Im passing as well, it does not have "Coruscate" as an option, nor is it of the Furry Series/Line.

Sorry Jazz

All JDI lights come pre-programed with the fulgerate mode, standard. Warning label excerpt from our packaging: "... The use of specially designed safety glasses are recommended when installing or servicing JDI lighting products. Better yet, use a welder's helmet, but with sunglasses on inside of it. ..."

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
In this photo, test subjects evaluate the various tones of which JDI sirens are capable.

JD labs.jpg

Only the top 42 sounds will be selected for use in the superior JazzDad AP-800 combination siren and cabin air ionizer.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.