Best & Brightest

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
Of all the brands, who, in your opinions, has the best, brightest hide-a-way LEDs. Currently looking at Feniex Cannons.

I want bright...not lil pee holes in a snow bank - cant hardly see them in the day time. To clarify my definition of bright...comprable to Whelen, Federal or Code3 led light bars on full intensity bright.

I know I'm limited to the "it is what it is" but I don't want to spend bucks and go well crap the 194 marker light shows up better

Know what I mean, Vern!?

Neil

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Anything from Feniex, Whelen, or strobesnmore will all be about the same. Very bright. The key to haws is placement in the housing. Getting close to the focal point of the reflector will make even a speedtechlights haw look decent. Several lengthy threads here on the subject.

Reactions: Tony P

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
Meh. I ain't got time to page n read cause I have too many irons in the fire.
I appreciate the input. Thank ya sir

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Cannons are your best bang for your buck, IMO. in my taillights, I replaced the reverse light bulb with color/white cannon 360's, to get a better fill on the reflector than the 120's:

Reactions: HCSO249

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
BINGO. ding ding ding. Actually what my thoughts have been and leaning towards doing. Our Ford trucks were set up that way and seem to work very well. Some times a general question get the best answers.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Of all the brands, who, in your opinions, has the best, brightest hide-a-way LEDs. Currently looking at Feniex Cannons.

I want bright...not lil pee holes in a snow bank - cant hardly see them in the day time. To clarify my definition of bright...comprable to Whelen, Federal or Code3 led light bars on full intensity bright.

I know I'm limited to the "it is what it is" but I don't want to spend bucks and go well crap the 194 marker light shows up better

Know what I mean, Vern!?

Neil
I’m a Whelen guy, but I think the cannons are hands down the best LAW out there ....brightness & functionality make it stand out from the crowd (if 12 diodes in a LAW doesn’t get you bright, I don’t know what else does)

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
Thanks guys! It saying something when the diehard Whelen (or Federal, Code3) guy comes out and says things like that.

I intentionally left out what Im needing them for or my intended application. Now that I have had input from couple of ya... My plans are to install blue & white in my back up lights of my 2012 Caprice. Im going to put 360 Cannons in the outboards and 120s for the inboards. White will only be for backing up and blue for warning. I'm also putting on red Cobras on license plate bracket. The blue & red will alternate. So not knowing exactly which brand to go with, I chose to post for opinions. I have read tid bits of other posts and had an idea the Cannons would likely be the choice....but I wasn't 100% until I got little input.

My theory had already been to utilize the 360s for dispersing more light to the sides and the 120s for more direct rearward lighting, to give me better lighting for backing. Also figured the 360s would help the blue for better rear perimeter warning (in theory) Not that it will be needed since I will be running a Fed Sig Valor bar too. The Caprice uses 2 921 bulbs (per side) for reverse lights so the Cannons will permanently replace them. Now that I have said that I guess you guys are going Ahhhh! Bach! and can see in your mind how this should work....in Theory... lol

Last edited:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
The LAW realm is one of my biggest disappointments with Whelen. The vertex was nice when it came out and multipurpose LAWs were a new idea, but they haven’t done anything impressive to improve them, and I personally think the original universal LAWs were way brighter. I know it’s “crazy” concept, but packing more diodes into a LAW DOES improve brightnesss lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.