Best Inexpensive Lightheads

I have a non-warning, non-emergency project that needs some reasonably high output lights. I’m currently using SOS Led3 minis but want something brighter.

I was leaning towards the Feniex Fusion as they run about $50/head. The lights may get some occasional rain but exposure but they’ll be stationary so wind won’t be pushing water in.

Is there anything at a better price point I should be considering?

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
What type of project? Look into superbrightleds.com. I've bought everything from bulbs to heads to parts from them and no disappointments yet.

OP
OP
J

John Hearne

What type of project?
A range prop. A wireless remote controlled light that has three LEDs on it. The lights can be activated in any desired combination as a shoot/no-shoot indicator. It’s actually a set so I need six heads.

And thanks for the tip. Those $25/head lights look perfect assuming they’ll steady burn

FEVER

Platinum Supporter
The feniex t3 is probably the cheapest quality light you will find that will steady burn. $29 each plus our standard site discount takes almost $3 off of them.

OP
OP
J

John Hearne

I dug into the manual and this model has a steady burn mode:

EMT-BLS

I dug into the manual and this model has a steady burn mode:

They call it a "18 watt" light...so they obviously have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
6leds x 3w per led =18w.
HOWEVER...when it comes to LEDs lumens mean more than watts. Given the project being referred to here I'd say those would work just fine.

Would I put those on my POV or dept truck, prolly not. I'd have to test them out real life first.

EMT-BLS

6leds x 3w per led =18w.
HOWEVER...when it comes to LEDs lumens mean more than watts. Given the project being referred to here I'd say those would work just fine.

Would I put those on my POV or dept truck, prolly not. I'd have to test them out real life first.
It's bullcrap. First off, even if the LED is actually 3 watt (which most are not), they aren't run at full power. Second, the wattage of a light isn't calculated by adding up the combined wattage of each LED. It uses 3 watt LEDs, so it's a 3 watt light. It's a marketing ploy to just starting adding up random figures.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzanneBeMe
Top Bottom