Best winter duty gloves?

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
What are the best winter duty gloves out there, the ones i got just aren't cutting it! Need ones that are thin enough to operate taser and a glock 19 with. Any recommendations. Oh and prefer leather!

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
Not leather, but a cheaper alternative is the Under Armour Arctic Fleece glove. It has fleece on the back of the hand along with a pocket for a heat pack, but a very thin fabric in the palm of the hand so you can write, feel during a search and have normal dexterity to use weapons. I bought mine for about $20 a the local sports store.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
crescentstar69 said:
I like my 5.11 Praetorian gloves. Soft deer skin and warm but not bulky. L.A. Police Gear has them on clearance. Check their web site.

All they have are Small and XXL. :(

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
dont remember the exact name of the 5.11 gloves i got last year but they look like military class a gloves but are less bulky and have thinsulate in them. made my hands sweat if it wasnt cold enough. they also offer some cut resistance.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Ben E. said:
I usually just don't leave the office or get out of the car.

Welp that doesn't work for me, i wish i could sit in the office all night!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Fast LT1 said:
Welp that doesn't work for me, i wish i could sit in the office all night![/quote:ar8zbuf3]

Don't say that too loudly. Critic Stendec will jump your shit bigtime. :roll: :|

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
Ben E. said:
I usually just don't leave the office or get out of the car.

Wow, lucky you. Must be nice....

I have yet to find a glove good enough for long term warmth that isn't too bulky for weapons use. I'm talking like 5+ hours straight outside. After not too long, the cold just penetrates through. I usually just go with a bulky thinsulate glove when its real cold and take my chances.

I personally don't think there will ever be one, I have spent a lot of money trying different kinds.

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
i have looking for some as well but my problem has been that all of the gloves are way to bulky to write and do essential stuff like that.

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
I know it's not what was asked for, but I've found that the best compromise between warmth and mobility is with a pair of neoprene winter gloves. The ones I have are Seirus brand.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Neoprene gloves work for me, also, because here cold=wet.

For maximum dexterity, I haven't found anything that beats everyday flight gloves. Handling weapons, searching, and enough protection, even if all a cop does in bad weather is sit in the station and surf the web.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.