Bestfriend got me a weird light for christmas.... Pic inside now.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Its about 12 - 15 inches in diameter, has a high skirt made of gray plastic about 5 - 6 inches tall.

inside it has a large "box" for its motor. on the motor is a shaft with two reflectors and inside those reflectors is 1 1156 type light. Amber dome.

There are no markings, no company name, nothing. He found it at good will for $10

I'm sure this is going to be a "wolo" type light but anybody have an idea of what it could be?

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Pics.......

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i can take a cellphone pic but i dont know how to upload it from a phone. Its at the house and im at work so itll have to wait till tommorow.

patrol530

May 23, 2010
Central Florida
I'll guess military MARS. Gray base and they had a reflector and bayonet bulb assembly that could be used in the rotating chassis instead of PAR 36 bulbs.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
patrol530 said:
I'll guess military MARS. Gray base and they had a reflector and bayonet bulb assembly that could be used in the rotating chassis instead of PAR 36 bulbs.

+1 I just sold a couple of those with blue lenses on here a year or two ago.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
PC Comms said:
+1 I just sold a couple of those with blue lenses on here a year or two ago.

if such is the case is it worth anything significant?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_1228101346b.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_1228101345.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_1228101346.jpg

It has "MCDERMOTT NYC 1127" in a circle on top of the dome.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_1228101346a.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Dan this doesn't have sealed beams. it has 2 1156 type light bulbs in it. I applied +12 and got the lights to come on.

if it is 24 volt it would explain why it didnt roatae "or the jump starter i used was real weak (more than likely the case)

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Probably 24 volt military. Mine have same type bulbs, with a teardrop shaped base cut to fit, and mounted to the plastic base. Not high end, for sure. Probably not worth much. I'm going to try to get something for the lenses.

Dan

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Reminds me of Code 3's 323 beacon. I always thought it was pretty cool. I never seen one in real life before, so I don't know how effective it really was. On another note Is that actually a McDermott light, or does that lens just fit. If it's an actual McDermott, that might increase its value a bit!

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Mine have McDermott lenses, but the mfg. sticker on the light is Tek-Lite, Inc. I suspect his is the same, based on the looks.

The Code 3 light is a far superior light in brightness, and construction.

Dan

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Newberry13 said:
Reminds me of Code 3's 323 beacon. I always thought it was pretty cool. I never seen one in real life before, so I don't know how effective it really was. On another note Is that actually a McDermott light, or does that lens just fit. If it's an actual McDermott, that might increase its value a bit!

as stated above this thing looks cheaply made. i havent opened it up yet to look for any other names. i just know that mcdermott is the only name i see on it, on the exterior.

If this thing is 24volts is does me know good. not that it would look good on either vehicle of mine anyways. lol

in the second pic i put the beacon on my Kia and it takes up a good 1/4 of the roofline

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok upon further inspection it is 12volts, i hooked it up to a battery last night and the lights came on and it rotated.

also on the motor inside it has stamped on it "JULIAN A. MCDERMOTT NYC 1127"

Mcdermott stil makes those hi riser lights for nyc? is the company still in busines maybe i can email them about it.

guy m.

May 23, 2010
Honesdale, PA 18431
Jarred J. said:
ok upon further inspection it is 12volts, i hooked it up to a battery last night and the lights came on and it rotated.

also on the motor inside it has stamped on it "JULIAN A. MCDERMOTT NYC 1127"

Mcdermott stil makes those hi riser lights for nyc? is the company still in busines maybe i can email them about it.

Yes they are, sales@mcdermottlight.com

JULIAN A. McDERMOTT CORP.

1639 STEPHEN ST., RIDGEWOOD, NY 11385

TEL. (800) 842-5708 or (718) 456-3606

FAX: (718) 381-0229

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.