Big Bertha

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
Took a chance on a fleabay add where this was untested. Seller wanted too much so I sent an offer and was lucky to get it. Very thankful that the seller packaged it so well that it survived the blizzard of 2/24/19 here in Minnesota.

This thing is HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE. And loud (hence the name Big Bertha). A fairly uncommon Tripp Lite RF64, 24volt.

OP
OP
tsquale

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
Nice, can probably get most of that noise out with some adjusting and lube.
Yes, adjusting it after taking the video helped some. It was pretty dusty so cleaning that up and some lube will certainly quiet it down.

Very cool. Does it use 24 volt bulbs?
It does. My power supply puts out around 13v, so I was surprised it lit up and rotated as well as it did

FEVER

Platinum Supporter
Nah! I'd be interested in making it LOUDER!
hey now.. this is supposed to be a G rated thread... no need for that type of funny business in here.

as a side note.. where the hell did you find this thing tony?

Last edited:

JazzDad

Just Another Faceless Member
Silver Supporter
Well, then; what type of funny business should we have here? (Coming from the owner of JDI.)

jph2

Cool light. Glad it arrived in good shape. That thing wants to be a Stem-Lite when it grows up. lol

OP
OP
tsquale

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
as a side note.. where the hell did you find this thing tony?
Found it on ebay sort of obscurely listed. I had been wanting one for a while and this one was in great shape so I didn't care if it didn't work

FEVER

Platinum Supporter
I guess I don't spend enough time browsing eBay. I randomly pop on to search for certain things and never find these things everyone else comes across...

CrownVic97

Veteran Member
I have three giant beacons from Tripp Lite and Tri Lite. Two Tri Lite Mark 12 110v beacons and a rare Tripp Lite S-75 "hill" beacon. They're good lights, and I believe the biggest to be offered on the market to date.

Latest Listings

Top Bottom