Big Bertha

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Took a chance on a fleabay add where this was untested. Seller wanted too much so I sent an offer and was lucky to get it. Very thankful that the seller packaged it so well that it survived the blizzard of 2/24/19 here in Minnesota.

This thing is HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE. And loud (hence the name Big Bertha). A fairly uncommon Tripp Lite RF64, 24volt.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Nice, can probably get most of that noise out with some adjusting and lube.
Yes, adjusting it after taking the video helped some. It was pretty dusty so cleaning that up and some lube will certainly quiet it down.

Very cool. Does it use 24 volt bulbs?
It does. My power supply puts out around 13v, so I was surprised it lit up and rotated as well as it did

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Nah! I'd be interested in making it LOUDER!

hey now.. this is supposed to be a G rated thread... no need for that type of funny business in here.

as a side note.. where the hell did you find this thing tony?

Last edited:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Well, then; what type of funny business should we have here? (Coming from the owner of JDI.)

Reactions: tsquale

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I guess I don't spend enough time browsing eBay. I randomly pop on to search for certain things and never find these things everyone else comes across...

Reactions: rcfd34

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I have three giant beacons from Tripp Lite and Tri Lite. Two Tri Lite Mark 12 110v beacons and a rare Tripp Lite S-75 "hill" beacon. They're good lights, and I believe the biggest to be offered on the market to date.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.