BlackBox Brand Radios

Aug 12, 2014
Massachusetts
Anyone have experience with the BlackBox Brand radios? We might be installing Blackbox Mobile UHF radios and the company told us they use a frequency range of 400 to 470mhz. Having a difficult time finding mounted antennas as the ranges are smaller. We did find one we believe will work, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with the and what do you suggest (for antenna)?

Thanks!

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Blackbox told you the frequency range that the radio can be programmed within. You need to find out from the customer what frequencies they use. Then from there you can determine which antenna's will work.

Reactions: Jamey@NNE

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
the amatuer radio band for uhf is 429 - 450 so your customers can only use 450 - 470 as i beleive the lower portion of that is for uncle sam.

ckgarside

Jul 9, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Blackbox radios are junk/crap/s**t/-insert other here-

AVOID IF AT ALL POSSIBLE (Actually avoid them even if it isn't possible)

They are not Part 90 compliant, which means they have no place being used legally for public safety or commercial use.

May 21, 2010
Wilmington, MA
I am sorry you are mistaken, black box is indeed part 90 certified.
I will agree they are not Motorola quality but for the money they are well worth it and come with a 3-year warranty.

I do not recommend the Public Safety, however we have a lot of Businesses who utilize them and have no issues.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I hate when I see misinformation being put out there

Blackbox radios are junk/crap/s**t/-insert other here-

AVOID IF AT ALL POSSIBLE (Actually avoid them even if it isn't possible)

They are not Part 90 compliant, which means they have no place being used legally for public safety or commercial use.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.