Blast from the past.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Ahahaha, you should add a couple can lights to the visibar and convince your department to install it on your car. Wishful thinking, of course, but it sure is a funny thought.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Looks good up there! Go on duty with the old and new...that'll turn some heads :lol: .

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
CrownVic97 said:
Looks good up there! Go on duty with the old and new...that'll turn some heads :lol: .

If I thought there was the slightest chance I could get away with it I would do it!

MJDNRP-6885

Jul 25, 2010
Germantown Hills, IL
That is AWESOME!

Reminds me of the old Chevy Caprices Chicago had in the 70's and 80's.

Like someone said, just missing the can lights and a center mounted speaker.

Chi-pol-car.jpg

gfpd26

May 21, 2010
Greenville, IL
If I had that, it would mounted it my GMC Canyon... Like Maniac said, only certain ones would "get it"... Got to love "old school"

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I like it!

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I know the PDs don't choose lights so they would look cool but all twin rotating beacons looks soooo nice when they're going in snow, fog, smoke,haze... Really cool looking CVPI :)

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Love it! Actually, with all of the auxiliary LED options and lights everywhere they can be stuck on a car, I'm kind of surprised the "old skool" concept hasn't made a small comeback. I would love to see old halogen roof mounted beacons supplemented by modern lights everywhere else on the car. Another recent thread showed a Canadian RCMP patrol car with a Beacon Ray. Sweet!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
LED's are great as they draw far less energy than incandescent or halogen lamps and they do well as steady burn, alternating flasher, or, to a certain extent, strobes. But it's hard to beat the sweeping action of a revolving beam of light, be it a sealed beam lamp or a reflector and halogen bulb. Yeah, I do like the old school beacons and light bars.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.