Blue blue federal twin beacon ray

CAPTAIN 58

Feb 10, 2017
Drexel hill pa
Okay guys and gals so I just picked up a vintage Blue/ blue Federal Signal twin light bar off of somebody on the sight OfferUp for..... wait for it .....wait for it...... $75 this is the second vintage light that I bought off of these for sale sites for pennies of what they're worth does anybody know where I can get a relatively cheap red lens for one of these is a model 11

Attachments

• 1518387396827844433846.jpg
    1518387396827844433846.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 83
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I think in general the model 14/100 lenses are going for right about $50. I have some ambers but no Reds currently. Try posting in the want ADs..

the blue lenses on the bar look like Grote lenses... btw.

CAPTAIN 58

Feb 10, 2017
Drexel hill pa
The lenses are in almost perfect condition I have not tested it yet or opened it up to look at the insides I had to drop it off and go to work

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Those are incorrect domes for a Visibar Model 11. Federal F2 domes will not match whats on there, they dont look the same. So you might as well figure on replacing both to make the bar look correct. Two F2 domes will run atleast $100. That bar should have domes with the clear tops, not frosted, if you want to keep it correct. If it doesnt have the feet and you have to buy a set of those you will be looking at another $100 or more, and thats if you can find a set. Good luck with the restoration.

Reactions: Tony P

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Nice find. Love the Visibar. Those domes look sharp on there too. EVen if they are not federal domes, they have history as they must have been used on there.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I may know someone interested in the blue Grote domes if you decide to replace them.

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
Okay guys and gals so I just picked up a vintage Blue/ blue Federal Signal twin light bar off of somebody on the sight OfferUp for..... wait for it .....wait for it...... $75 this is the second vintage light that I bought off of these for sale sites for pennies of what they're worth does anybody know where I can get a relatively cheap red lens for one of these is a model 11

If above options don’t pan out, I’ve got a used red dome off a Model 14 parts beacon. Needs a polish but intact. PM if interested (I’m the guy who traded Twinsonic domes w you a while back).

659D5957-93BB-4F05-8518-E78D9171E13E.jpeg

CAPTAIN 58

Feb 10, 2017
Drexel hill pa
Hey yeah thowe clears look great by the way...the only thing is the tops are a little different I kinda want to keep them the same style but thank you for the offer. If u come across one that matches the ones I have please let me know. I'm gonna have to put it on the back burner for a few weeks my work schedule doesn't allow me much play time

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
(...)...the only thing is the tops are a little different I kinda want to keep them the same style(...)

To the best of my knowledge, this red dome is accurante for your Visibar. Not the blue ones you actually have mounted onto it. The correct model 11's domes had the "step" at the top.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.