Blue Code 3 Mini SD

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Hello All,

I have added another Code 3 Mini SD in Blue to the collection. This one is the sealed beam version(my other one is the halogen rotator version, NOS and badged FORCE 4).

This Mini SD is in good condition with minor scratches on the lens, no cracks or crazing. It is in perfect operating condtion and the motor runs fast and free. I don't believe this one to have had much "on time" .

By the condition of the lens, I would guess it spent much of its life indoors.

The badges are faded somewhat, but still readable.

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_Code_203_20Mini_20SD_20in_20Blue_th_blueminisd4.jpg

Chris

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Looks nice! Mine is an older version with the original style lamp holders. I think a lot of mini-SD's were used by volunteers or placed on the back ends of ambulances. I'm guessing mine last saw duty with a volunteer. Blue lens and a bazillion magnets glued to its frame. Yep, a bazillion, I counted them all.

Well, actually it's only 12 and they are not particularly strong.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
stansdds said:
I think a lot of mini-SD's were used by volunteers or placed on the back ends of ambulances.

Thanks,

I actually had the same version as this one in the early 90's and used it for volunteer runs back then. the one I had back then was solid red and mag mount. It only had 4 large magnets but I never lost it. Another member I ran with had one, mag mount but it had a clear cutout in front of the "V" mirror.

And of course, the back of the ambulance had one mounted over the rear doors.

I gave my old one away several years ago to a family member who was starting in fire/ems at a volunteer dept.

If it hadn't been for him needing it at the time, I would have kept it, but he had little $$$$ for blink blinks and woo woos so I did the right thing.

I always did like this model light. Not the best or most fpm, but I always thought they were effective.

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.