Blue Thunder - Updated 9/16/2014 (pg-2)

cory y

May 21, 2010
i've said it before i just simply do not like having the entire freaking vehicle synced. I do not believe it adds any kind of enhanced viewability.

dont get me wrong i like SOME sync such as lights on the same level synced to an extent, IE, grille lights synced to grille lights, mirrors to mirrors, etc etc, but not everything to everything

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I like the sync'd look and I especially like that it pisses Cory off.

I will make sure to sync front to back when I upgrade the rear warning... just for Cory.
:haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: got_yogurt

cory y

May 21, 2010
Pimp said:
I like the sync'd look and I especially like that it pisses Cory off.

I will make sure to sync front to back when I upgrade the rear warning... just for Cory.
:haha:

i will snip all the sync wires!

FEltjaked

May 21, 2010
New York
That sure is a beauty! So much red though, wouldn't adding some clear in there spice it up a little? :)

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
The only clear I'm considering adding is a HLF. I like the all red look and dislike the Red/White look. Just a personal preference. :eek:

Model 12

May 25, 2010
Upper Great Lakes
Pimp said:
The only clear I'm considering adding is a HLF. I like the all red look and dislike the Red/White look. Just a personal preference. :eek:

My reply before seeing your comment was going to be a question about where were the flashing high beams.

From personal experience, in my opinion the two most effective warning devices to the front I've ever seen/used is 1.) steady burn red light and/or 2.) high beam flasher in a 60-90 FPM wig-wag pattern.

An unstoppable combo on the interstate is a steady burn read and a simple HLF, as part of a larger warning package. People move over sooner and stay out of the way better (i.e. don't make a lane change in front of the emergency vehicle because they didn't see it coming up behind them).

As for the lighthead sync, keep it up. One of my biggest peeves is un-sync'd LED installs, especially on vehicles without a light bar. They look horrible, don't provide a profile of the vehicle at a distance and in multi-color installs the colors wash together and look horrible.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i like the syncing. i think it looks good. reminds of an ambulance. and +1 go for the HLF

Reactions: got_yogurt

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
My setup, as of a few days ago.
The rear HAW LEDs are new, and flashed side to side now, instead of the previous X pattern. I replaced the Whelen Vertex with the SNM E series HAW LED.
As you can see, the tint kills some of the E66 bar in the back window. Overall, I'm pleased with the setup, day and night and with the 200W siren I have no problems moving traffic on my 2.5 mile run to the station. :cool:

Yes, the dash light is set to STEADY BURN and has been for a few years! (I haven't been active here much over the past few years).

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj2nlZgFdx8

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Nice to see you're still alive, setup looks pretty darn good!

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
TritonBoulder47 said:
As I posted on the video...

*cough*MirrorBeams*cough* lol
working on it! just like I've been working on it for the past 2 years or more! One day, ONE. DAY.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I have cleaned up this thread and got all the fonts to the correct size. I think it was started 3-4 board versions ago. It has most of the progress of my truck. Not much has changed. The rear HAWs were changed from Vertex to SNM LED HAWs. 

I'm hoping to get motivated soon and install my Mirror-Beams! I think they could make the "X pattern" even more awesome. 

A few days ago I got bored and changed my flash pattern to something more boring. I'm superstitious about new flash patterns related to getting a call out pretty soon afterwards. It worked! I'll leave it on this until I get bored with it again. The ULF44 is starting to bore me and I'm seriously considering trying out a programmable flasher and getting some Pimp-tastic custom flash patterns! 

Reactions: dmathieu

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I am with you on everything being synced and all red except for minimal white. My truck is the same way.   Can't say I am a fan of the new pattern . lol.  Mirror Beams would look great.  

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Literally laughed out loud at that. All of the sync. ALL OF IT.  :haha:

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Well well well, look what finally happened! I finally got around to getting my MirrorBeams installed! I bought the housings/kit here on the board in 2011. I guess I've been pretty busy and they got put to the side. Anyways, finally they are installed and functioning. This should please TritonBoulder47 as he has been on my case to get them installed since I got them three years ago! 

While they are installed, they are not yet synced up to my ULF44. I will get that done soon and then my giant X pattern shall be complete! [insert evil laugh here]

I also reprogrammed my HHS2200 to control my front lights and set it up on the pursuit switches up top to be

1-REAR

2-FRONT

3-ALL.

Since I was that close, I went ahead and reporgrammed my siren tones. I was bored of the old ones so I got a bit funky with it. Enjoy!

Video of new siren tones:

Reactions: TritonBoulder47
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Outstanding!!!  

You know, if you wanted, you could just run the sync wire to the ULF-44 and sync them that way as well...  

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
It's been a while since I looked at them, but I believe they are three wire units. Hot, Ground, & Pattern. 

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Mirrorbeams are a great addition. You have a great setup with everything synced, the only thing you need now is a HLF. I'm not really feeling the new siren tones though. You should do either the whoop/warble or the alt wail/alt yelp. The Whelen simulated mechanical sounds like a dying cow. 

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Those are the tones I got bored with!!! These probably won't last long as the mechanical wail is my only programmed wail. If we could program Unitrol tones into this controller, I'd be all set. Thanks for the compliment on the setup! An HLF was/is/may be in the works. I had a UHF2150 lined up but wound up donating it to our new rescue truck. I'll get another one some time and get it hooked up with a PKM. 

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Looks good.  Mirror beams are always a nice addition.  I have the same Whelen siren. I change my tones from time to time as well. The Martin hi/lo usually gets funny reactions.

Reactions: Pimp

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.