BMW Police RTP BIKe id lights

RCASSIN

Mar 16, 2016
West Point , NY
Can someone ID the take down lights on the side of the bike, knee height on the crash bar, rectangle clear light? Are they take down lights? or strobes? It is a 2000 BMW RTP so i am pretty sure they are not LEDs.... A make and model of the light would be a great help to us. Also, anyone know where to get or has the rear pole light. This bike is going to the motorcyclepedia museum and needs to be back in full uniform. Thanks, Rob atlantic pd 2.jpg

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I believe it to be a strobe, looks significantly like a 400 series strobe and with what looks like a Whelen 500 series led in Amber side facing on rear box, means more than one brand of equipment was used.
Can't help on the pole light...

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Yes, I believe the strobes to be Whelen. You could use the 400 series to get the same look, I believe the actual ones in the photo to be the micro max or similar. And I agree that the front and pole strobe are likely Fed Sig. Any other photos available?
Good luck with the restore!

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
The pole light is a C0220 from FedSig, I believe. The fronts are GS2's. The CO220 is a Vama product.

The alley lights....unknown.

RCASSIN

Mar 16, 2016
West Point , NY
Hi, would I have to use the FA 520 control unit for the strobe? or can I use a more common /different unit? The 520 seem hard to find. Thanks for your help. Rob

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Interesting mix of FS and Whelen on the motor. Usually I feel like I see a single brand on a motor. Agree with the above on the front white "alley" as being a Whelen 400 series halogen or strobe.

Seth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.