BMW Security Vehicles

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
No doubt, especially in the States.

This one is armored, belongs to ICPO and costs twice as much as the civvie version.

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
TheGatekeeper said:
X5 Security.

Well that just confirmed something for me, the federal police here, Australia, has a few of these for diplomatic protection duties. I've spotted 2 and another guy has spotted a couple more, in another city.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
The way I look at it, A mildly equipped Chevy Silverado in Europe would be the equivalent to a similar BMW here in the states! It goes both ways.

skleppy

Apr 29, 2011
Canada
TheGatekeeper said:
Well, if a BMW cost the price of a Dodge, it wouldn't be a BMW, would it?

EVModules said:
The way I look at it, A mildly equipped Chevy Silverado in Europe would be the equivalent to a similar BMW here in the states! It goes both ways.

Head to Germany, and a Mercedes is a taxi cab. Yet a fully loaded all done up Chevy Impala is condsidered a "luxury" vehicle.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
skleppy said:
Head to Germany, and a Mercedes is a taxi cab. Yet a fully loaded all done up Chevy Impala is condsidered a "luxury" vehicle.

For sure. It seems that everyone in Austria has a BMW or an Audi but when you go to a car show, everyone's drooling over a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. Harleys are also super expensive over here and they really hold their value. It's all about supply and demand.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
philyumpshus said:
For sure. It seems that everyone in Austria has a BMW or an Audi but when you go to a car show, everyone's drooling over a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. Harleys are also super expensive over here and they really hold their value. It's all about supply and demand.

It goes beyond supply and demand. It's about American popular culture as conveyed for years by TV and movies.

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
Had a chance to look at one of the local armoured X5s. The light setup that I could see is similar too the photo above, no roof beacon. The local car also has a 2 head LED suctioncupped to the windshield, odd since normally they run LED dash lights directly ontop of the dash, and are pretty stealthy. Will try and get a photo but the VIP protection guys are pretty jumpy at the best of times.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.