Boston FD Double LODD 3/26/14

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Tonight we remember our Brothers in Boston. Thoughts and prayers to Lt. Edward J. Walsh (E33), father of 3 and Firefighter Michael R. Kennedy(L15), USMC Veteran. - Last alarm Box 9-1579. 298 Beacon Street.

jhallgren22

Sep 8, 2013
Norton, MA
justavillain said:
I'm saddened by the loss. Another reason to not go in basements.

Something I have a major issue with is the line "EMS tweeted one of the firefighters was in cardiac arrest"

As someone from Boston its been great to see everyone around the country sending support, this happened not more than 2 miles from my college.

I only quoted this since it was a walk-out basement at the rear of the building. I believe most of the injuries were burns and smoke inhalation, there were over 150 firefighters on the scene. Fire started just before 3pm and from what I saw on the news was smoldering by 6pm. Roof sections collapsed, and I remember my heart stopping when I was listening to the live feed of BFD and a fire fighter saying he was on the roof when part of it collapsed.

Thank you all for your service.

I hope to join the ranks of men and women who run into the fire to save lives in the coming year.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
A reminder this section is for LODD announcements. Condolence replies are ok, but incident tactics debate posts are not.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.