Boston MIT shooting

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
RT @911BUFF: BOSTON: U/D - SWAT REQUESTED ON A RUSH! SITUATION EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. POLICE AND SNIPERS WITH RIFLES! 'ACTIVE SHOOTER, OFFICE. - @fox13now: NEW: A police officer has life-threatening injuries after a shooting on the MIT campus near Boston

(EDIT: Topics seperated, natural disasters moved to Off Topic)

Last edited by a moderator:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Was JUST reading about the MIT shooting.. :mad: I hate people.

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
Pardon my french, but what the frick has gotten in the air lately? Boston bombings, Rican letters, explosion and muiliple LODD last night and now all this? What is causing all this mess and destruction. Its gotting old real quick.

This stuff is starting to scare my family because I'm a first responder.. and honestly, I don't blame them.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
It's just a bad week in America is all. It happens every now and then. Those of us who have been around a long time know this. Don't get depressed, keep the faith. We'll get through it like we always do. With dignity and pride and a Kick-butt attitude.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
RyanZ71 said:
It's just a bad week in America is all. It happens every now and then. Those of us who have been around a long time know this. Don't get depressed, keep the faith. We'll get through it like we always do. With dignity and pride and a Kick-butt attitude.

Im about to turn off the TV, the computer, the phone, and take a case of beer and pack of bacon out to the garage, throw in an old Metallica CD, and rebuild my Camaro. Im about sick of the bad news all the time.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I have seen multiple stories on the MIT shooting, with the same overhead picture. The first one I saw showed police vehicles around a body and what appears to be blood on the sidewalk, the rest seem to be cutting the picture down. I can't believe how fast they get these photos out. And they have been gruesome lately.

EDIT: Gunamn possibly disarmed according to Gawker (Not sure of the credibility) and Believed to have attempted a robbery at a nearby 7/11 prior to this incident

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Please note thread/title change, natural disasters moved to Off Topic

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
I'm listening to live scanner traffic. Officers are screaming on the radio... shots fired, grenades are being thrown, "loud explosions". It sounds horrifying.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
@Breaking911: MAJOR BREAKING STORY: Massachusetts State police SUV has been stolen, and police are now chasing it as explosions are being heard DEVELOPING

@twnstar2: Listen Live -- Pursuit suspect threw explosives at officer - officer down- unexploded ordinances in street Eastern Massachusetts State Police Live Audio Feed

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
@Breaking911: CHAOS: Boston PD scanner reporting multiple devices... shutting down cell phones for fear they might trigger one. @kellyogle2m

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
W

t

f

o

v

e

r

(For some reason it auto changes my letters into lowercase when I type that way... Caps lock fail?)

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
FreshDave04 said:
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6254/web

Officers on scene requesting long guns. EOD is on scene in several locations. Multiple explosives/ordinances. One police officer is down but can not be retrieved - he is either surrounded by or next to live ordinance.

BROADCASTIFY ISNT LOADING PROPERLY ON MY WORK COMPUTER!!!!!

I haven't seen any updates to the news articles about the chase

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
2nd suspect NOT in custody

@Breaking911: CNN: Unknown if incident in Watertown is connected to MIT shooting or Boston Marathon blast.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Arrest being made

EDIT false hope

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Teams of officers are deploying, searching neighborhoods yard by yard. More tactical and SWAT officers are enroute. Unexploded ordinance remains in Watertown.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
FreshDave04 said:
Teams of officers are deploying, searching neighborhoods yard by yard. More tactical and SWAT officers are enroute. Unexploded ordinance remains in Watertown.

Witness sees bombsquad robot searching the street

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Witness states that suspect threw what"appeared to be a pressure cooker" at police during chase.

So far what I have read, 2 suspects shot at officer at MIT. 1 in custody, another in a car surrounded- said to have long gun.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
MA | WATERTOWN |**BREAKING NEWS**| AREAWIDE | 1 SUSPECT IS DOA FROM A GSW THE OTHER IS ON THE LOOSE FROM THE BOMBING OF THE BOSTON MARATHON (PER BOSTON GLOBE) | MI401 |

Friday 19 April 2013, 01:44 via twittermail.com

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Phoenix_Rising said:
MA | WATERTOWN |**BREAKING NEWS**| AREAWIDE | 1 SUSPECT IS DOA FROM A GSW THE OTHER IS ON THE LOOSE FROM THE BOMBING OF THE BOSTON MARATHON (PER BOSTON GLOBE) | MI401 |

Friday 19 April 2013, 01:44 via twittermail.com

The Boston Globe's own website states the contrary. lol

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
another potential suspect with uncomfirmed IED devices spotted

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
If not already said, I regret to say that injured officer did not survive. No offical statement has been made, no doubt pending next of kin notification, but many reliable sources have confirmed this info.

blairian

Sep 22, 2011
Texas
Phoenix_Rising said:
If not already said, I regret to say that injured officer did not survive. No offical statement has been made, no doubt pending next of kin notification, but many reliable sources have confirmed this info.

I saw it reported awhile ago in the news that he was deceased...God bless his soul.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Pressure cooker bomb found as per Boston News 7 who is streaming live on scene.

Its looking like they are connecting many dots, Confirming with law enforcement that the deceased suspect and the remaining are in fact the Bombers from the marathon incident.

I haven't seen any confirmation its directly connected to MIT though?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Mass State police are saying this incident and the bombing are related to the suspects. Boston is shutdown in lew of manhunt for remaining scumbag...

Boston on lockdown, as police hunt remaining Marathon bombing suspect | Fox News

BREAKING NEWS: One of two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing is dead, the other on the loose and large parts of the city are on virtual lockdown after a chaotic night of mayhem that included the murder of a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer and a shootout with police, authorities said early Friday.

Police believe the two men, believed to be the suspects from Monday's terror attack, are brothers, possibly from Chechnya or Turkey, according to sources who spoke to Fox News. The man on the loose was identified as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Mass. They are believed to have been here for 'several years,' sources said.

Schools are closed, train and bus service is suspended and police were telling residents of neighborhoods including Cambridge, Waltham, Watertown, Newton, Arlington and Belmont to stay indoors. Police have formed a wide perimeter and believe the suspect is on foot, armed and dangerous, inside.

"Suspect No. One is dead, Suspect Two is on the run," Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said at a Friday morning press conference. "There is a massive manhunt underway."

The suspects apparently surfaced just hours after the FBI released their imaged late Thursday afternoon, shooting the police officer, robbing a convenience store, carjacking a man who later escaped and engaging in a wild shootout with Boston police, in which they hurled explosives from their stolen car.

Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said on Twitter that one of the two suspects was killed and that the at-large suspect, labeled by the FBI as "suspect two" in the marathon bombing, was "armed and dangerous."

Authorities urged residents in Watertown, Newton, Waltham, Belmont, Cambridge and the Allston-Brighton neighborhoods of Boston to stay indoors. All mass transit was shut down.

"We believe this to be a terrorist," Davis said in a press conference. "We believe this to be a man who's come here to kill people. We need to get him in custody."

The Middlesex district attorney said the two men are suspected of killing the MIT police officer on campus late Thursday, then stealing a car at gunpoint and later releasing its driver unharmed. Hours earlier, police had released photos of the marathon bombing suspects and asked for the public's help finding them.

The suspects threw explosives from the car as police followed it into Watertown, according to the district attorney's news release. The suspects and police exchanged gunfire, and one of the suspects was critically injured and later died while the other escaped.

During the pursuit, a MBTA transit police officer was seriously injured and transported to the hospital, the news release states. Details on the officer's condition were not immediately available Friday morning.

Hours earlier, police had released photos of the marathon bombing suspects and asked for the public's help finding them. A new photo of the suspect on the loose was released later showing him in a grey hoodie sweatshirt. It was taken at a 7-Eleven in Cambridge, just across the Charles River from Boston.

A federal law enforcement official told Fox News they are looking into whether the bombing suspects may have been from overseas and had overseas military training.

Dozens of officers and National Guard members descended on Watertown shortly after the shooting outside a building on MIT's campus in Cambridge, according to the Associated Press. Authorities were calling for somebody to get on the ground and put their hands up and a loud thud was heard after someone shouted "fire in the hole," the news agency reported.Witnesses told The Associated Press they heard multiple gunshots and explosions at about 1 a.m. Friday. Dozens of police officers and FBI agents were in the neighborhood and a helicopter circled overhead.

State police spokesman David Procopio told news agency, "The incident in Watertown did involve what we believe to be explosive devices possibly, potentially, being used against the police officers."

Doctors at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston where a suspect in the marathon bombings was taken and later died said they treated a man with a possible blast injury and multiple gunshot wounds. They wouldn't say if the patient they treated, who came in with police, was the suspect in the black hat from marathon surveillance footage.

Earlier Friday, Cambridge police and the Middlesex District Attorney's office said the MIT officer was responding to a report of a disturbance when he was shot multiple times late Thursday. He later died at a hospital. His name was not immediately released.

Procopio said the shooting took place about 10:30 p.m. outside an MIT building. The area was cordoned off and surrounded by responding law enforcement agencies, according to a posting on the university's website.

The shooting came little more than three days after the twin bombings on the Boston Marathon that killed three people, wounded more than 180 others and led to an increase in security across the city.

Read more: Boston on lockdown, as police hunt remaining Marathon bombing suspect | Fox News

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.