Boston PD XL9000

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Does anyone have any good photos of the XLs that BPD used in the 80s? I seem to remember the front blue domes having clear cutouts. Did they have alley lights at all and besides the BPD r/b domes in the rear, were there any other unique details?

I'm hoping to build a BPD clone XL9000.

nhfirefighter

May 21, 2010
USA-New Hampshire
If I remember correctly front cutouts for takedowns. Rear cutouts with amber filters for rear flashers. Clear end caps with ally lights and the outermost rotor on each side having a blue filter on it. As you noted blue domes front and red drivers side and blue passenger side on the rear.

If you google Boston police Ford Ltd the image search returns some good pictures as well.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I looked the photos up and based on those and what you said, I've come to realize that this will be a bit of a project bar.

Where should I start?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.