Brand new AMR West Coast Special 9M

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Well, I had been spying this on Whelens clearance site for some time and finally decided to get one. I'm glad I did because the site closed 24 hours after I bought this and a few refurb Pcc9 boxes. It is absolutely perfect. 55" long with 4 front strobes, 4 front halogens and 2 endcap halogens. The strobes fire in/out, center halogens are steady burn and the outside and encap halogens are fast single flash. I have had a few used busses in worcester that had this bar and always wanted one. Now I don't have to pull one off of one of their roofs while they nap in Kelley Square...hahaha

IMG_2373.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

NOT MY PICTURE

amr_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Very cool, but steady burn in MA???? Not saying your wrong, just suprised.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
I grew up with these bars!

Reactions: emtanderson51

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
They were the same configuration on the 9000 bars. There were 2 versions, the west and east coast set-ups. The west were always like this. The east coast were 55" and went across the front:

700H/400S/400S/700H/400S/400S/700H with 400H on the endcaps in red.

R        C        R      C        R      C        R

The 700 halogens operated on the box KKK flasher and the 400 strobes were on a in out red vs. clear comet flash pattern. Very effective. The body lights had 700/5mm led heads in the grille and on the fenders. TheLEDs were on the KKK flasher and the strobes were on a comet flash pattern L/R. 

The 9000 bars were the same with mini max dual halogens in place of the 700 halogens.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
They were the same configuration on the 9000 bars. There were 2 versions, the west and east coast set-ups. The west were always like this. The east coast were 55" and went across the front:

700H/400S/400S/700H/400S/400S/700H with 400H on the endcaps in red.

R        C        R      C        R      C        R

The 700 halogens operated on the box KKK flasher and the 400 strobes were on a in out red vs. clear comet flash pattern. Very effective. The body lights had 700/5mm led heads in the grille and on the fenders. TheLEDs were on the KKK flasher and the strobes were on a comet flash pattern L/R. 

The 9000 bars were the same with mini max dual halogens in place of the 700 halogens.
Been looking for the east coast 9000 version..... 

Reactions: emtanderson51

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
They're easy enough to make....not much to them. Unfortunately, unless the truck is wrecked, the AMR busses all end up overseas in the Middle East.....VHTF a real one.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
They're easy enough to make....not much to them. Unfortunately, unless the truck is wrecked, the AMR busses all end up overseas in the Middle East.....VHTF a real one.
I actually have the parts to make an east coast bar (minus one dual side beam halogen), I would like a picture of the insides though.  I have several types of internal edge mounting pieces, I'd like to know which ones to use.  Were the 4 strobes remote like the halogens or was there a power supply in the bar?

Here is an east coast in action 9as stated above, the flashers ran off the box flasher.  This is obvious in the video below, as this truck has front primary lights outside the bar too.

Last edited by a moderator:

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I'd be guessing but it's an educated guess. All of the versions have an internal power supply. I have never seen one have synced strobes with any of the box lights. The end cap lights are always on a flasher. In the 9M with the 700 halogens there would be a harness for the 3 700 exiting the bar and everything else would be internal. On the 9000 the standard EB6 wiring harness with one flasher inside the bar for the end lamps on the east coast. You could hook the mini beams to an internal flasher for a display bar.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I like that top halogen flasher bar. The others, meh.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.