Brooklyn south safety patrol off road vehicle, Done by NYC Fleet safety.

anystrobe

Aug 28, 2010
New york
Gated Wye said:
FYI Just to clarify-

Before anyone starts getting the impression that this is an NYPD Vehicle... It's not. The total opposite. It's "Shomrim" (If you look at the edge of the windshield).

Not knocking on them- But Shomrim is Hatzalah's Auxillary PD Cousin, who is also heavily funded. A few videos-

That second YouTube video that you posted is a NYPD vehicle which is used by the crown heights safety patrol. (Not a shomrim vehicle)

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Looks like an effective package except for the pattern on the windshield light and the upper rear heads. They did a good job of mounting the siren switches but I could see someone who isn't familiar with the controls not being able to turn it off. I installed an SA-361 with the labeled control panel and the guy needed some help on the first try.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Not trying to sound racist here but whats with the Jewish organizations in NYC needing their own EMS and PD organizations? Is the NYPD and FDNY not sufficient?? Whats next, their own fire departments?

anystrobe

Aug 28, 2010
New york
Respondcode3 said:
The difference is the KJ FD is the only FD out there on their Village. They are not within the borders of a established city.

I was kidding around about KJFD

Regarding Hatzalah they are a Ambulance company registered with the department of health. All there vehicles are used as emergency ambulance service vehicles which authorize them to respond using red lights and sirens, Any other ems agency in NYS can authorize and register their fly cars with the Doh and get one of those stickers in their front window from the Doh which authorizes them to respond with red lights and sirens.

BSSP shmomrim patrol is registered with the NYPD COP program, All their members have NYPD issued id's, They can go to their local precinct and log out a NYPD radio before every tour. NYPD have cop programs all over the city, Not only in the Jewish neighborhoods.

Oh and lets not forget about Chavairim, They will come give you boost 24 hours a day or change your flat tire free of charge. So what if they have Amber lights, LOL!!!

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
I can see the Hatzholah being registered with the state and being authotized to use red .. But on the local level does the NYPD authorize a neignborhood watch unit to use red lights and sirens?

anystrobe

Aug 28, 2010
New york
Respondcode3 said:
I can see the Hatzholah being registered with the state and being authotized to use red .. But on the local level does the NYPD authorize a neignborhood watch unit to use red lights and sirens?

No they aren't authorized to use red lights and sirens, But if you were a cop and you had 75 volunters giving you arrests on silver platers, would you write them up or let one of your fellow officers write them up?

QUEENSEMT

Aug 1, 2011
NY,NY
gated wye said:
fyi just to clarify-

before anyone starts getting the impression that this is an nypd vehicle... It's not. The total opposite. It's "shomrim" (if you look at the edge of the windshield).

Not knocking on them- but shomrim is hatzalah's auxillary pd cousin, who is also heavily funded. A few videos-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_0mgpr_fe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42z_h6ndujm

-j

please understand that hatzolah and shomrim have nothing to do with each other, other then then area they cover

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Not that there's any justfication for the insanely over-excessive amount of bells an whistles on their apparatus, but I can see the use of having a special ambulance corp since Hasidic Jewish people have strict religious beliefs, and EMS is very up close and personal (so it's important for some to have healthcare providers that respect and understand their religious beliefs), but I don't see the need for any other services. I didn't read the windshield and just assumed it was a division of their ambulance service

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I dont understand the whole deal with "Hatzolah" and them having special EMS,FIRE,PD services because of a specific race or religion? If thats the case why dont they just do that here in South Texas and have Special Police cars,EMS,FIRE units ,and instead of having POLICE decals have them say "POLICIA" and fire department say "GRUPO DE BOMBEROS" and EMS say ""AMBULANCIA" and have the Virgin mary decal on all those units and only have Hispanic employees.?? New York is something else

Also i think Brownsville Tx where dg023 lives already follows that criteria i explained above since it is a part of the REPUBLIC OF MEXICO

Lmao

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Station 3 said:
I dont understand the whole deal with "Hatzolah" and them having special EMS,FIRE,PD services because of a specific race or religion? If thats the case why dont they just do that here in South Texas and have Special Police cars,EMS,FIRE units ,and instead of having POLICE decals have them say "POLICIA" and fire department say "GRUPO DE BOMBEROS" and EMS say ""AMBULANCIA" and have the Virgin mary decal on all those units and only have Hispanic employees.?? New York is something else
Hatzolah is only a big thing in New York because there are tons of Jews there. Any big city with a large Jewish population is going to have a Hatzolah service - I even saw one of their ambulances, complete with Hebrew writing, in Mexico City. Couldn't get my camera out fast enough though.

mayhemnyc

Nov 8, 2010
NYC
Station 3 said:

Lmao

Regarding foreign spelling and wording being more mainstream, just give it another 10-20 years...

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Back on topic for a minute...It's hilarious to see a Shomrim off-road vehicle. This is Brooklyn, even our parks are regular asphalt. There is zero need for off-road capabilities.

anystrobe

Aug 28, 2010
New york
EMT-BLS said:
Back on topic for a minute...It's hilarious to see a Shomrim off-road vehicle. This is Brooklyn, even our parks are regular asphalt. There is zero need for off-road capabilities.

Rescue operations during snowstorms, Search and rescue for missing people on NYC beaches.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
anystrobe said:
Rescue operations during snowstorms, Search and rescue for missing people on NYC beaches.

Okay, point by point. First off, what rescue operations? Shomrim is not a EMS organization, they have no idea how to mount a rescue operation. Second, search and rescue on beaches. Shomrim is not a lifeguarding operation. They are a community patrol. They have absolutely no training, despite their claims to the contrary. I have nothing against them, but they have started making themselves into a bigger deal then they are, and are legally allowed to. And now, before a mod gets upset, Im starting a Off-Topic thread, to de-clutter this Install thread. Nice job, the install looks pretty good.

anystrobe

Aug 28, 2010
New york
EMT-BLS said:
Okay, point by point. First off, what rescue operations? Shomrim is not a EMS organization, they have no idea how to mount a rescue operation. Second, search and rescue on beaches. Shomrim is not a lifeguarding operation. They are a community patrol. They have absolutely no training, despite their claims to the contrary. I have nothing against them, but they have started making themselves into a bigger deal then they are, and are legally allowed to. And now, before a mod gets upset, Im starting a Off-Topic thread, to de-clutter this Install thread. Nice job, the install looks pretty good.

haha, Don't get so worked up over stupidity, so what if some people walk around acting like cops and getting away with it. The main thing is that their emergency lights should be installed professional and they should have really nice neat looking jobs, Like this one lol.

(ps cheer up, it aint that bad as you make it)

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
anystrobe said:
haha, Don't get so worked up over stupidity, so what if some people walk around acting like cops and getting away with it. The main thing is that their emergency lights should be installed professional and they should have really nice neat looking jobs, Like this one lol.
(ps cheer up, it aint that bad as you make it)

I'm hardly worked up...I haven't been swearing, or chucking siren amps all over my office... :D

I have no "beef" with Shomrim. Two of my neighbors are members, and they provide good business for me. I just don't appreciate stupidity. The wanton waste of money, so that they can make themselves feel good is disturbing. $300,000 command centers, off-road vehicles, special operations vans...It's all a huge waste of funds that could be better spent on useful projects. How about a statewide Amber Alert-activated search group? Put those Command Centers to work, get volunteers in statewide communities searching for missing persons/children. But no....that wouldn't be as cool, would it?

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
EMT-BLS said:

You guys all wrong... I think this is the latest Brooklyn ACU concept of an undercover unit, we are just being told the contrary !! Jeez these NYPD fellas are good !! :crackup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.