Budget LED Mini Bars

blaster668

Jun 20, 2010
Polk, PA
I am looking for a sub $300 lightbar. The models I have noticed so far are the Speed tech Raptor, Soundoff mini pinnacle, SVP starbeam M-tech, Code 3 Frontier, and Whelen Responder LP. These range in price from about $150 to $300. Whats the good and bad on these bars? I would also take any suggestions for other bars as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
The SVP bar is not very bright or efffective. I personally do not like the style of the Whelen Responders. I would go with the SoundOff bars, both models are very bright & effective & have good styling.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Squad-6 said:
The SVP bar is not very bright or efffective. I personally do not like the style of the Whelen Responders. I would go with the SoundOff bars, both models are very bright & effective & have good styling.

I beg to differ Entirely. THe M-tech starbeam (Star SVP) is tied almost tooth to tooth with the Highlighter for brightness, The Canadian Starbeam has more fancy features and a optic filter, with makes it even better. I just posted a review, hoping its approved.

Best bang for the buck, the SWS 16310 Intelligent parabolic LED bar or the Star SVP 9016 starbeam. If you can get a Canadian ($337.00 cheapest ive seen) go for it, if not, get the Star SVP, I have both, theyre both half the cost of the highlighter, but dont get sun wash out like the HL.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
I used to have a blue mini Pinnacle, and I would highly recommend them. Very bright, low profile, good warranty, good patterns, and relatively inexpensive.

blaster668

Jun 20, 2010
Polk, PA
Jared @ 911Lights said:
We sell a ton of the SVP Starbeams, I believe they are the only ones that come standard with the vacuum magnets which are truly scratch-proof and have 250 lbs of pull.

-Jared

Jared, I was not aware of the vacuum magnets, but that definitely sounds like a nice feature. This search started out with just the Mini Pinnacle and Starbeam, and I think it will likely be one of them. My concern over the Starbeam is if it will be bright enough in the day time? I have concerns over the LEDs not being directly visible. I also have concerns about how well the pinnacle will perform head on, since it only has corner modules.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
blaster668 said:
Jared, I was not aware of the vacuum magnets, but that definitely sounds like a nice feature. This search started out with just the Mini Pinnacle and Starbeam, and I think it will likely be one of them. My concern over the Starbeam is if it will be bright enough in the day time? I have concerns over the LEDs not being directly visible. I also have concerns about how well the pinnacle will perform head on, since it only has corner modules.

You will not be dissapointed with the Star/SVP Starbeam, its got quite a snap. The SWS version of the bar has a very slight amount less snap but a much larger foot print, with either one youll be VERY happy. I got the Star SVP starbeam from jared for under $300 shipped to Canada, The SWS version is just around $300

blaster668

Jun 20, 2010
Polk, PA
Lets throw the Falcon Mini in from Axixtech, a vendor on here offered the bar to me at $215, $230, and $250 for the 30, 40, and 60 diode versions respectively. This is looking like it may be my best bet, especially if they will custom configure the heads for me. It would be nice to have one clear head to the front, one amber to the rear, and the rest red.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Newberry13 said:
I used to have a blue mini Pinnacle, and I would highly recommend them. Very bright, low profile, good warranty, good patterns, and relatively inexpensive.

Same here, this bar also loses no light around it because of the led angles. Very very nice lightbar. Would reccommend it to anyone, three people have it that I know and love them.

blaster668

Jun 20, 2010
Polk, PA
Ok, I've narrowed it down to the Mini Pinnacle in all red for $225 shipped or the 60 diode Falcon for in red, except one clear lighthead to the front and one amber head to the rear for $259 shipped. Which would you go with? Is the Falcon with custom color options worth $24 more in your opinion than the soundoff?

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
The starbeam uses the same Gen3 LEDs that Whelen uses and Federal signal. It essentially the same as the highlighter, same brightness, and it gets zero sun wash out. The star beam is the best bet, its bright not matter what angle, and the starbeam has a section of parabolic mirror just for intersection, but with the reflector, the front/side have the same brightness as the angled intersection part since the LEDs face up to the mirror, its the same brightness all around.

Star Starbeam:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.