• Buy an Interior light bar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep using Nforce duals on visor

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
Any suggestions/ experience on a new/used red or red white ILB? I am on a budget and want to get good bang for my buck. My choices are buy an ilb for under 300 or use my 2 sos nforce dual mounted on my visor. The last 2 povs I had i used the 2 nforce duals on the visor and I got a new truck so I am redoing everything. I’ll post a link to my POV before I took it apart. Just wondering opinions on keeping those or getting an ilb and if so what brand? I have looked around a little at some speed tech ones.

This video is older as I now have intersectors but the visor lights are the same.

dcb

May 21, 2010
Lexington, Fayette Co, KY
I think for the money, the two SOS lights will be better. We are working on a similar budget-sensitive project for a 2007 Silverado but instead of the ILB, we are doing the Whelen Slimlighter, one on each side of the mirror. It looks good, still low profile, ample warning, and we found some used ones for cheap. Given this experience, I think the two daslights is as effective as an ILB, plus leaves some money for grille lights!

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
If you’re on a budget at the moment stuck with the (2) dual SOS nforce on the visor til you are at a place where you can upgrade to a quality ILB. More lightheads don’t necessarily equate to more coverage. That in mind, I’d also suggest you change the pattern to flash the two on the left then right instead of their current configuration. This will give you a stronger contract between left and right which will catch the eye better.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I agree with sticking with what you have for now until you can upgrade to a better ILB. Nothing wrong with AWL (Tom has great service), but universal mount bars usually require a lot of work do get it to sit right, and they often don’t truly fit snug, as a Whelen or fedsig vehicle specific bar would.
One thing I’d do away with are the 2 lightheads right above the rear lightstick b/c they look silly to me there. If they’re surface mount lightheads, I’d move them to the rear LP

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
I got rid of those light in the rear and the bar. My plan is to put nforce duals on my visor of my new vehicle. Nforce singles on the grill. HLF, intersectors, and nforces singles in the rear. Use my Whelen LAWs in the reverse/brake and put cannons on the running boards.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.