building a bar for my deuce and a half.....

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
so I aparently dont have enough projects and i have been thinking about trying to build a custom bar for my deuce and a half.. I want something vintage like yet cool, I was thinking about using a twinsonic frame and domes and trying to retro fit it with smart vector pod rotators? I would really like to put a larger rotator reflector on them, but thats kinda hard due to the stepper motor set up , another idea would be to put some lights below the rotators for floods and stuff, kinda making a dual level twinsonic... what do you guys think....

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
You can always use some Whelen Centurian Rotators. That should be nice and bright. Also, once you're done, how much $$$ do you want for the whole setup? Deuce and a half and all? :D

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Oh, OK. I see what you're saying now. You wanted to use the smart pods because you wanted to have flood lights. I can see where mounting might be a PITA. You could propably go to Lowes or Home Depot and get some aluminum sheet metal and make your own mounts. Although, why don't you use the just two smart pods in the bar, then fill the rest witch warning. You can always put offroad lights on the front of the truck. This way, you'll have plenty of white light in the front, put have the smart pods to use as search lights. You could also get a pair of those low profile driving lights to mount facing the sides, inside of the bar, for alley lights.

Of course, that's just what I would do if I had a deuce and a half. You lucky so-and-so. :mrgreen:

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
im going to add a 12 volt alternator, and a 12 volt battery for the accessories, the stock truck systems will stay 24 volt, but I'll be able to run all of my accessories off the new 12 volt system

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.