Bus Blocks Fire Truck

David B.

May 24, 2010
Rochester NY (US)
I'm suprised this hasn't already been posted-

Bus Blocks Fire Truck-

http://www.mcfw.com/?p=4327

Here is a video out of NYC where a transit bus blocks a FDNY Engine company from going to a fire. It is not known why the bus would not move out of the way of the Engine.

-VIDEO IN LINK-

&

You will want to see this: FDNY Engine 276 versus MTA Bus 5004-

http://statter911.com/2010/12/31/you-will-want-to-see-this-fdny-engine-276-versus-mta-bus-5004/

Thanks to a loyal STATter911.com reader for passing this video on to us. The video was uploaded on Wednesday to YouTube. It shows MTA Bus 5004 blocking the path for FDNY’s Engine 276 from Brooklyn. There is no indication as to why the driver of the New York City bus seemed to be in no hurry to move out of the way of a responding fire engine.

Checking out some of the stores and looking at Google Maps, it was easy to determine the incident occurred in the 900 & 1000 block of Kings Highway.

David B.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
That bus driver needs to be drug into a street and shot. I mean, seriously... a firefighter comes to your window TWICE and you're still going to be a dick? Not cool.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
I love the lady at 3:05 talking about seeing what Bloomberg would do. Bloomturd is busy shutting down gun shops in other states.

Either way, thats unreal! The bus driver needs terminated.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I'm really surprised one of the FF's didn't gain access to the bus and personally drive it out of the way... Over here bus licenses are pretty close to heavy vehicles (fire apparatus)

Regardless, what a douche behind the bus wheel. I'm really curious what his reasoning is...

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
ParkPiggy said:
As a police officer, I probably would have boarded the bus, and pulled this guy outta the seat and moved it myself!

+1. But, only after arresting him for disorderly conduct, obstruction of public function, and whatever else I can pull outta the code book. What a douche nozzle.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
rwo978 said:
+1. But, only after arresting him for disorderly conduct, obstruction of public function, and whatever else I can pull outta the code book. What a douche nozzle.

+2. Failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, obstructing traffic, improper parking... I'd write about 7 citations after arresting him for a couple of charges. Absolutely ridiculous.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
crescentstar69 said:
Too bad it wasn't the asshole driver's house that was on fire..............
I like to think it was.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
crescentstar69 said:
Too bad it wasn't the asshole driver's house that was on fire..............

You can hear the FF call the guy a (editted slightly) "frickin' a-hole" at the 0:59 mark. That guy tells it like it is :lol: !

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
I love New Yorkers ("Hey buddy..."). I would have gone apeshit on that bus driver. I was looking at some of the gridlocked traffic up there and wondered how the heck emergency vehicles get around.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
As a cop i would of gone in there arrested him moved the damn thing out of the way then charge him with everything i could possibly charge him with then call up his boss and tell him WTF bro ?

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Tons of people are unemployed that can drive a bus, but this dip shit is? If I was the officer on that engine, I would personally sue his ass and make sure he was fired

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Welcome to NYC! This is what we deal with on a daily basis. The only thing is you wouldn't expect it from a MTA driver.

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
i have to deal with the CT transit Drivers alot in new haven,. alot of them are good guys but some are just garbage who run the routes quike and complain when we have to block a Stop to work on the Underground or the Overhead but we have a cop with us. in new haven CTtransit can issue tickets for blocking a Bus stop. but the FD parks there all the time and So does the USPS

spike91

Jun 11, 2010
New York
unlisted said:
I'm really surprised one of the FF's didn't gain access to the bus and personally drive it out of the way... Over here bus licenses are pretty close to heavy vehicles (fire apparatus)

Regardless, what a douche behind the bus wheel. I'm really curious what his reasoning is...

That's honestly what I was expecting, I can't even begin to describe how surprised I was that the firefighter only went to the window. Sorta disappointed :(

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.