CA Twinsonic restore and rebuild

SaschaUE

Sep 25, 2010
Germany, Hamburg
after a long time i finish my CTS

every single screw is restored, some new and some restored.

all black base parts are powder coated

all yellow parts are regalanized.

the domes are wet sanded and polished

all stainless steel parts polished

the power cable is self made

new FRONT sticker

here a few pic´s of the rebuild

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I will honestly say that because you live in an area that is still legal to cadmuim plate...Your bar along with the parts I sent over rivals one of Eric's primo restorations. The bulb holders are even almost shiny!!!

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
ryan said:
I will honestly say that because you live in an area that is still legal to cadmuim plate...Your bar along with the parts I sent over rivals one of Eric's primo restorations. The bulb holders are even almost shiny!!!

yes, i must agree ryan. i have a "bag" of tricks up my sleeve though, just wait a couple weeks....he he he he

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
That there is a true work of art! Beautiful simply beautiful! :hail: Looks better than new! Omg! Great job on this! The CTS is one of my top three favorite lightbars. How did you get the bulb holders so clean and shiny? I'd love to get mine like that! Whats regalanized mean? Whats cadmuim plate?

Last edited by a moderator:

SaschaUE

Sep 25, 2010
Germany, Hamburg
thanks all of you :)

ohh sorry i mean regalvanized

the old mirror holder and flasher/steady holder are original galvanized ( thats the yellow colour you see )

this is in the usa not allowed, ( in 1970 yes but today not ) but in germany it is still allowed. so i use no paint to get the yellow colour i regalvanized the parts

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Regalanized or regalvanized I didnt know what that was, so thank you for explaining it to me, I really appreciate it. :yes: Also thanks for the info on how to get my bulb holders that way! :thumbsup:

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
JennyCop said:
Regalanized or regalvanized I didnt know what that was, so thank you for explaining it to me, I really appreciate it. :yes: Also thanks for the info on how to get my bulb holders that way! :thumbsup:

What Sascha meant Jenny, is Cadmium plating. Which are the gold looking parts. This is a special thin metal coating process which prevents corrosion. This is one of the main reasons old metal parts are still nice even years later.

ex416

Apr 28, 2011
West Central Wisconsin
ERIC6913 said:
really?......here are a few!
ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_059.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_057.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_12MEF001.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_011.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_MTS001.jpg

sorry about that Eric. i guess i should have said (one of the few) shiniest restored twinsonics i have seen. the clear CTS looks quite unique. do you know of any depts that ran w/clear CTSs?

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Sascha! Sie laeuft falsch. Die rkl's muessen andersrum drehen! Wechsel die Ketten am Getriebe und dann wird es richtig sein. MFG Eric

Last edited by a moderator:

crzycop

Jun 2, 2010
Modesto, CA
ERIC6913 said:
Sorry Sascha, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread! As far as i know no dept. ran clear CTSs'.

Not sure what agency it was but there is a piece of fire aparatus up here at an equipment yard up here in Modesto that has a clear CTS on it..... I have tried for several years to buy it (the bar) from him, even buy and replace with another bar but he wont budge GRRRR

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Beautiful, nice job!!!!

Crown_Vics

Aug 30, 2010
Southern Arizona
This is what i call a true restoration! Great job!

crzycop said:
Not sure what agency it was but there is a piece of fire aparatus up here at an equipment yard up here in Modesto that has a clear CTS on it..... I have tried for several years to buy it (the bar) from him, even buy and replace with another bar but he wont budge GRRRR
I'd like to see pictures of this rig especially the bar! I'm sure you can at least get some pictures for us right?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.