Cages, & rear visibility?

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
I've attached a couple pics of the Jotto prisoner partition in one of our newer vehicles (16 Explorer). This was a test bed of sorts I guess, I just drive the squad & don't make equipment choices. None of these cars have any rear visibility to speak of and a rear view camera is of significant value, but this one is the worst so far. Beyond the plexiglass and the sliding panel/frame, this car also has window guards in the cargo area which further block any potential view. I don't know what they were thinking really, may as well have skipped the plexi altogether and used painted metal for what it does. I usually pull up the prisoner camera during transport to keep an eye on the arrestee anyway.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.