CAL Fire/San Diego Cty Fire Authority Ford Raptor

surf_kat

May 28, 2010
SE AZ
CAL Fire/SDC Fire Authority's Ford Raptor. Used for off road vehicle accident response as well as other tasks.

I'm seeing Sound Off Ghosts (grille and mirrors), Hideaway LEDs in the front turn signals and FS Legend (?) lightbar.

ai177.photobucket.com_albums_w220_surf_kat_Ford_20Raptor_4843856216_c38d6606d8_o.jpg

ai177.photobucket.com_albums_w220_surf_kat_Ford_20Raptor_4843239219_7a1d3141a3_o.jpg

ai177.photobucket.com_albums_w220_surf_kat_Ford_20Raptor_4843240825_e96c5d7ae7_o.jpg

ai177.photobucket.com_albums_w220_surf_kat_Ford_20Raptor_4855144632_4434082f91_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cory y

May 21, 2010
i dont think Ford had any idea how much in demand these trucks are gonna be in the public safety arena.

be cool if they offered a SSV raptor without the extras. Rubber Floors, basic seats, no sync.. the basics nothing luxury

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I like except the split lightheads in the grill. Those would be more noticable flashed as solid units.

Reactions: Ren12

surf_kat

May 28, 2010
SE AZ
cory y said:
i dont think Ford had any idea how much in demand these trucks are gonna be in the public safety arena.

be cool if they offered a SSV raptor without the extras. Rubber Floors, basic seats, no sync.. the basics nothing luxury

Considering it is a F150, I think it is just a matter of running the production lines. We (Border Patrol) have some stringent policies now on vehicle suspension modifications (basically we can't make any), so having a vehicle come in from the manufacturer that is already set up and under warranty is a big PLUS.

surf_kat

May 28, 2010
SE AZ
JohnMarcson said:
I like except the split lightheads in the grill. Those would be more noticable flashed as solid units.

I agree. If it were mine, I'd be doing the Sound Off X pattern and trying to add a couple more lights over the OR (in FORD) to alternate in syn with the Hide away LED and Ghosts on the mirrors.

cory y

May 21, 2010
im glad they didnt remove the amber marker lights on the fenders like that other raptor has.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

I agree. If it were mine, I'd be doing the Sound Off X pattern /quote]

+1... that would look nice

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
Me like alot :D :D :D Me also like the plane beside the truck.That truck looks mean as hell,ford.I personaly like all the acc on the truck ie flares and hood scoop....Anybody have a ball park sticker price new off the lot...

surf_kat

May 28, 2010
SE AZ
RMBROWN said:
Me like alot :D :D :D Me also like the plane beside the truck.That truck looks mean as hell,ford.I personaly like all the acc on the truck ie flares and hood scoop....Anybody have a ball park sticker price new off the lot...

Civilian price off the lot is between $40-50k depending on options. The 2010 model year has both 5.4 and 6.2 liter engines. 2011 the 6.2 will be standard. Also 2011 sees the 4 door cab model being introduced.

The plane is an OV-10 Bronco. California Dept of Forestry and Fire Protection (CDF, now CAL Fire) got 15 of them in the early 90s as lead planes and airspace control for wildland fires.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
NHFDFF81 said:
yeah If I didn't want to purchase a new tahoe soon This would be my next choice in a 4 door version, I like the extra interior space-JOEYD

I dont think the Raptor comes in a 4-door version.

SeanC898

May 21, 2010
Shelton, CT
Damnnnnn. This truck looks BOSS. I really Like the look of it. It's to bad its got a hefty tag on it, And I think the cap makes me truck. I'd like this as my next ride.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
VolEms said:
where is the steady burn red on this car

Looks like the inner modules on the bar, the second pair from the end. They are the only ones that are lit in all the pictures.

dmallory

Feb 3, 2014
CA
philyumpshus said:
Looks like the inner modules on the bar, the second pair from the end. They are the only ones that are lit in all the pictures.

Those are probably set for steady burn since the vehicle is used out here in the state of California

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Except for the split grill & mirror lights, I really like it. And, even though, its primary purpose is for off-road incidents, I would've liked to see some side/fender lighting. What's the rear look like?

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
surf_kat said:
The plane is an OV-10 Bronco. California Dept of Forestry and Fire Protection (CDF, now CAL Fire) got 15 of them in the early 90s as lead planes and airspace control for wildland fires.

We used to put four jumpers in the tail get up to 1250' AGL, pitch the nose up as the cargo doors opened then jumpers would fall out in 3 sec intervals. Easy way of getting a few guys in for start recon mission without much being noticed, or so that was the thought.

They are used in Colombia, SA for both crop eradication and Close Air Support (CAS).

Love that lil plane.

R1894

Mar 14, 2014
Colorado
cory y said:

And you have Chevy trying to compete with their Volunteer Silverado...I like the Raptors way better and I'm a chevy guy.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
R1894 said:
And you have Chevy trying to compete with their Volunteer Silverado...I like the Raptors way better and I'm a chevy guy.

If you mean this Chevy,

10-74251916-577522-1280.jpg

you are very misinformed. That was a one off show car, not a prototype or public tester.

There is the Reaper concept by aftermarket tuner Lingenfelter, but if made, will be much more expensive.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.