For Sale Cal-Spec Sireno Condor/Dietz Omni-Chief $40!!!!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Well it's worth a shot.. email away!
Maybe he will ship

Jun 18, 2013
PA
and that's a no... oh well I tried.

Local only cash only deal.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I'll be in LA @ the end of June... :(

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Thanks Jenny!
Secured the deal and picking it up this weekend. He says he has another similar one out in the shed he'll throw in for free!
Woah, dayyamn! Two bars for 40 bucks? That is a great deal!

But, Eric, since they're not FedSigs and you don't want to contaminate your museum pieces, you should just send those bars to me. Just trying to help you out here. ;)

Reactions: Tony P

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
You're welcome Eric, I hope you find them good homes. I'm going to guess the second bar is a Yankee/Dietz/ signal- stat dual comm cal-spec. Keep us posted.

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
I lost a Visibar a few weeks ago just like that. Could of had it for $65 (that was the sellers asking price). Very good condition with good FS lights and blue domes. I told him Id take it, but the seller wanted to wait for pickup till the weekend which was 6 days off. Over that time someone else contacted him and offered him more once the seller said it was sold but not picked up. Then the seller wanted to play the bidding game between me and the other guy. Told him to stick it. Another reason I hate dealing with Craigslist.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Well as always, money talks.......and I couldn't pick it up soon enough. The seller sold it to someone else:mad:
Sorry to hear this. I just don't understand why someone agrees to sell and to a pickup date and then reneges on the deal. People like that need their moral compass adjusted. I hope he at least had the courtesy to let you know before you made the trip.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Sorry to hear this. I just don't understand why someone agrees to sell and to a pickup date and then reneges on the deal. People like that need their moral compass adjusted. I hope he at least had the courtesy to let you know before you made the trip.

I agree. No he didn't. I called the day before to confirm. People should just say first come, first serve.

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Atleast Ebay has a Feedback system and if its a Buy It Now its yours. Much harder for the seller to back out. Id rather pay more and atleast get the item. Too many hillbilly jackasses on CL and Marketplace.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I'm not so certain I agree with the consensus here.

When I spoke to this seller.. he specifically stated first person to come with cash gets it. That means literally first person with $$ gets the item, no reserving, just come and get it.

As for Eric's case I don't know what was agreed upon.. so I am just guessing.

I'm not gonna knock a seller for doing what he intended to do to begin with.. selling his item.

However in hindsight I have had many sellers and buyers flake on me for a myriad of reasons.. on CL on ELB, Letgo etc.. So sorry Eric for what it's worth.

I guess the lesson learned is if it's important then make it a priority to go get it ;)

Reactions: empire5150

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
What if there is no "first person here with the cash gets it" clause??
What happens when the seller and buyer close the deal and the buyer wants to pick it up the next day, but is told not to come for another few days? Now the seller knows he has a "sale", but over the course of that time the seller leaves the ad up hoping to pick up another potential buyer. He then tries to pit the buyers against each other and make it a bidding war between the 2 or more potential buyers. This has happened to me now twice, once on CL and once on MarketPlace. Im getting to think that is the new strategy with some of the sellers.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
@kerry4951 My previous response was directly in regards to Eric's instance.. I was not factoring in your issue in my reply..

So let's do so now..
You ask..
"What if there is no "first person here with the cash gets it" clause??"

Ok so lets be 100% real here.. is there ever this clause on CL or Letgo? Let alone spelled out?
It should always be assumed this is the case.. It's completely up to the seller to decide to hold an item and a buyer should never assume anything. A verbal agreement on CL or Letgo is just that.. and unfortunately it's only worth the paper it's been written on.

Next question..
"What happens when the seller and buyer close the deal and the buyer wants to pick it up the next day, but is told not to come for another few days?"

I am assuming just about everyone that deals with CL, Letgo, or the like can state this has happened to them.. I myself had an issue where I was looking for parts on my 4Runner, told the buyer I wanted the parts, was told to call him back later on in the week... doing so he told me the item was already sold.. even though I was told to call back later to make arrangements... annoying yes!.. upsetting yes!... but that is the nature of CL and Letgo.

Finally..
"Now the seller knows he has a "sale", but over the course of that time the seller leaves the ad up hoping to pick up another potential buyer. He then tries to pit the buyers against each other and make it a bidding war between the 2 or more potential buyers."

I never personally take an AD down until the cash and item has exchanged hands.. so I don't understand this part. However.. if an item is "in demand" enough it's not unreasonable to get multiple bids on the same thing.
And again let's be honest.. we have all gotten what we call a "score" by buying an item at a value that was way under what it was worth because the seller didn't know better. In these instances it's even more first come first served.. to expect a seller to specifically hold something because of a phone call when someone is offering more money.. well think about it. Seriously.. would you? And I am not talking about someone you know.. I am talking about a complete stranger.. again would you?

I have had my wins and my losses... my wins outnumber the losses but I expect this stuff when dealing with people. It's the nature of the beast.. or to sum it up... $$ talks and BS walks.

Just to set the record straight.. I don't agree with sellers giving people a raw deal.. however as the buyer you can always just walk away.. there is always next time!

Rob

Reactions: Tony P

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
I agree if the deal is "whoever is first with the money wins", then that's the way it is. But i think if someone agreed to make a sale, verbal or otherwise, the right thing to do is to honor the sale even if you could get more money. Now, I woulnd't fault a seller for calling the buyer to confirm they're coming, and verify the pickup date, but I'd tell the next guy he can buy if the first sale falls through.

In any case, the old adage "buyer beware" seems to continue to hold true. I guess you have to confirm the seller will hold for you, etc.

Reactions: kerry4951

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.