Can anyone ID the brand?

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Saw this light today. Could not find any ID on it anywhere no tag, no embossing. Would not negotiate either. 4 bulb.

20190725_161053.jpg

Reactions: Mndlm

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
That appears to be a Dietz dome, but I'm not sure what the rest of the light is. I doubt it's worth anywhere near $200 though. I'd say talk them down to like $75 at the most.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Dome was nice. They will not negotiate prices here. What is suppose to be an antique store is more of a museum because everything is super way overpriced.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Don't they call those Nothing's for Sale stores, Display only cause we don't want or need to get rid of anything here and the rents paid for just by showing up. Reminds me of those guys on American pickers, person doesn't want to sell anything, everything has an emotional attachment.

Reactions: CrownVic97

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
It look to be a mishmash of parts.
The internals look more to be from Arrow.

The lens either Dietz or Sireno.

It might be as Dan says that it is a bottom bowl with the wrong bezel but the internals seems not to be from Grote, in my opinion.

Michael

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Aren't dietz bases kinda rounded on the bottom?
I'd have to look at mine.

Look at the top of the dome and see what is stamped. if its DZ something its a dietz dome, and a blue dietz dome can fetch $200.

Rob

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Not entirely certain of what it is, but I don't think it's worth $200.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
The Grote 7624 has a shiny retaining band. But the Grote dome, which is hard to find has no lip hardly at all and the wide retaining band holds it even with the edges. If you have to use a Dietz, or Stratolite dome, it has the wide lip. Place a retaining band off of a Federal 184, without the Grote band, and it fits. Doesn't seal, but it fits. The tub for the Grote is brushed metal and not shiny.

Here is my Grote with the Stratolite and band from one of my Federal CJ184's.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: jmamrak and tsquale

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
As I said previously, Dan might be right and I did not think this was a competition only an attempt to identify this odd looking light.

What made me wonder was that the lower lampholder did not look as a round part but as a cross and that lower holder seems to be higher on right sealed beam than on the left one.

Probably my eyes that have fooled me.

Michael

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.