Can someone identify this siren/light controler?

SparkSVT

May 24, 2010
PHILADELPHIA PA
I am a police officer currently assigned a take home car for my K9. It is a 2016 Explorer that I have had since new. The lighting and siren is all Whelen. The siren I am told is programmable but I have no idea how. My first step is to identify the siren and light control head. I belive I was told its a "Saphire" but it does not match what I see in google images. Mine is blue with a traffic arrow control, alley lights ect in it. I will try to post a pic

Here it is

Attachments

• D3E858BF-A9C2-41DD-A8BE-72B4A740C2DC.jpeg
    D3E858BF-A9C2-41DD-A8BE-72B4A740C2DC.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 36

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Looks like a Whelen CanTrol.

ImpulseBuy

Apr 11, 2020
PA
It's the "Knob Slide Switch" control head.
You'll have to figure out where the 'body' of the siren is located, and connect a USB cable to it.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Could be a sapphire, carbide, or cantrol. Either way to program you'll have to find the main unit.
Atleast from my knowledge common place for it is in the spare tire area or on the passenger side area of the trunk theres a little cubby in the side panel that they can fit in. Either way you can reprogram it all, flash patterns too if it's a cantrol or carbide. Connect a USB cable and you can reprogram it in whelen command which you can download from the whelen website.
You'll want to extract the programming from the unit first though so you dont wipe out the programming. After you extract it you'll have exactly how it's set up and be able to program and modify it from there

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.