Can someone post a picture how you have your wires fused at the battery?

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
Are there any good tutorials here or online on wiring lights. I am getting ready to start wiring the siren, switch box, and my LED grill and rear LED lights. I will work on my light bar later on.

Also, does anyone have a picture of how to fuse your connections?

How do I know what type of wire to buy and what the best way to connect the wires together?

Will be repurposing the console before its in use. I just wanted to see how it will fit.

Thanks

IMG_20141219_122946.jpg

IMG_20141219_121056.jpg

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Honestly, if you don't know enough you have to ask those questions, please, please find someone local to you who knows what they are doing and have them show you. Last thing you want to do is burn  your vehicle down with some poor wiring.

Not knocking you, just seen way too many "rats nest" installs which have made me shake my head wondering how it didn't catch fire..

Also just to half answer your inquiry- I have one main power cable from the batt (fused as close to the batt as possible) which runs to wherever the electronics board is, which feeds into a power distribution/fuse panel which then feeds to each respective device.

Wire sizes- you would need to figure out the total (max) amperage of everything, and add 10-20% to that for the proper gauge wire. For main fuse same above applies, but only by 10-15%. For the smaller (individual) fuse panel max amp for each item + 10%.

Oh and to really confuse you, here is my electronics board thread with some awesome photos and half a walk-through. 

(sidenote- ensure that switch panel/switches will handle everything you will be powering through it, unless you are using relays)

Reactions: wilsonbr90

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
More than likely all I will be doing is mounting the hardware and maybe running the wires and having a professional finish the wiring. Want to save money on the install if I can.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Lead from the positive terminal of the battery to one of these, then into the passenger compartment and fused again for the individual items you will be supplying power to.  I prefer to use a switchbox to activate relays rather than run current for the various lights directly through the switchbox.

Reactions: otacon

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.