Cannon as DRL/Blinker Replacement - Tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2010
Mass.
Hello!

I've got a 2011 Tacoma and the standard DRL/blinker bulbs in the front are beginning to melt the headlight housing a little bit - apparently this is a common issue. I'm interested in replacing them with dual color Red/Amber Cannons as follows:

DRL: Low power amber
Blinker: Full power amber
Warning: Full power red

Is this something that's feasible? Does it require anything special like a resistor for the blinker function?

Thanks!

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
It can be done. I know there is a thread in this exact question somewhere on here as I have read it previously.
Your going to need a resistor on the DRL circuit, and a resistor on the Blinker circuit. Will probably have to be 2 different sizes. In the previous mentioned thread, that I can’t find at the moment, explains the size you will need for each circuit.
Your Just going to have to do some searching on here for the correct thread that outlines what your looking to do.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Firebuff there are 4 threads on this subject in the feneix q and a section... I think the 1st one is on page 2.

Reactions: firebuff17

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Thanks Jared.
And in all honesty; I didn’t look or search. But wanted to let the OP know that there were threads out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.