CanTrol Expansion Unit

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
Anyone have an knowledge with these. I got one to install with my CanTrol unit and am having a heck of time getting it to work.

I keep getting an error light when I program the unit. Not sure by what Whelen means that the wire running for the expansion unit to the brain has to be a 7 twists per linear foot. I have it run to the brain using a wire from a WeCan Liberty bar. Will that work or is that were my problem is. Any help with this world be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks

OVERKILL

Jan 27, 2012
hamilton ontario canada
The wire needs to be a twisted pair. Like the Internal cable structure of cat5. Ethernet cable. If you use straight wire the data will get all miscombobulated. Basically what is happening is the signals are talking to each other in the cable. Before it gets to its destination. This is called cross talk

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
Ok. Yes I tried using one of them and it didn't work for me. I had power at the expansion unit but none of the heads hooked to the unit would work. At a loss. Have been back and forth with Whelen about it and still doesn't work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.