CanTrol WC Software Download?

SHERiFF0880

Aug 21, 2017
Arizona
Hello all!

Does anyone have a copy of the CanTrol WC Programming Software they would be willing to share? I am pretty disappointed in Whelen in making this software available only "through an authorized dealer." I have a 2017 unmarked Silverado with the CanTrol WC setup, and unfortunately I would like to fix some things the up-fitter did not do correctly...

Any help or leads would be appreciated!!!

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
It def looks like u can download it! Frustrating. It would be fun to play with a copy b4 deciding if the cantrol system is the right choice for the application.

Seth

SHERiFF0880

Aug 21, 2017
Arizona
I already tried to see if the Sapphire program would communicate with the Cantrol WC in a last ditch effort, and it does not... I also asked the up-fitter for a copy and was promptly told "No."

Its my hope SOMEONE on here may possibly have a copy of the program, or at least a means of obtaining one? Hopefully!

Rob

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
If you can get the serial number off the brain you can call Whelen with the information and they will send you a copy. That's how I got mine.

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Seriously? I've always heard they're super strict on who has access to it. I desperately need to reprogram mine and can't.
If you can get the serial number off the brain you can call Whelen with the information and they will send you a copy. That's how I got mine.
erisouly?

acrn1195

Apr 26, 2012
Vermont
Do you have the Cantrol Software, or Cantrol WC? There is a HUGE difference between the two... If you have the Cantrol WC, would you be willing to PLEASE share it?

I am in the same predicament. With no authorized installer closer than 3.5 hours from our department, I am stuck without being able to change some simple features. If someone would be willing to share a copy, it would be very much appreciated.

LawDogRD10

Jul 3, 2010
Shiloh Hill, IL, USA
I've got a copy. It isn't very user friendly and there aren't any directions out there for using it. Authorized installers are supposed to go to a 2 or 3 day class to learn how to use it.

Apr 14, 2011
PG county MD
same for sos blueprint. I prefer cantrol
now I might be struck by lightning by saying this but the Cantrol can't do an eighth of what the SOS blueprint 3 system can. I've been installing Whelen for over 16 years and became one of the first authorized installers of the blueprint 3. I can and have installed Cantrol. The blueprint is 1/8 of the cost and can do 10 times as much. It's crazy.

Reactions: Tony P

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
Has someone mentioned that Whelen Command is now available that includes HS, WeCan, Sapphire, Carbide, and the last two CanTROL versions?

Automatically downloads if your try and use any of the other stand alone versions.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.