Carlos SpicyWeiner's STILL Never-Ending Comment Contest

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Just racked 1,000ft of LDH, after a working house fire, in the rain. Not because we used it, but because the driver laid it in the middle of the road on the way to fire. 

FML.

Reactions: tsquale

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
another 2 hours and 15 minutes, then i can begin the hour trek home, to my cot..... come on 7am est.

FireMedic19

May 8, 2012
Vermilion, Ohio
I just spent 4 hours putting a leveling kit on my new silverado. 3 hours on the drivers side, thank god for YouTube and hillbillies, the passenger side only took 30 minutes. If only I looked up the video before starting...... Ugh.

Just racked 1,000ft of LDH, after a working house fire, in the rain. Not because we used it, but because the driver laid it in the middle of the road on the way to fire.

FML.
We had the Same thing happen.. Thankfully we have very helpful residents in the township who pulled it off to the side of the road, and then helped us put it back on the truck when we were done with the fire.

FireMedic19

May 8, 2012
Vermilion, Ohio
Silly firefighters...premature discharge of hoses from the truck :D
Lol.. Aka Rookie didn't store the hose properly during hose testing.... I remember driving behind them and having to slam on the brakes so I didn't plow over the coupling. Oh well, you live and learn. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
stuck at work, my relief called and said she broke down, so i sent a unit to go pick her up like she requested. Guess what , they could not find her. phone goes straight to voice mail. I called other dispatchers to come in, either they don't answer or they can't do it. The one person that answered said he couldn;t do it, probably cause it is Gay Pride fest. Thats nice, I have come in and filled in for this sumbitch to many times. I am pissed. the only one that can take over is the supervisor and she is over an hour away waiting on her car to get finished at the shop. I didn't sleep yesterday, and I still have an hour drive home after my supervisor gets here (when ever that will be). and I still have to come back in at 1900 tonight, I really am getting tired of the people I work with, but that is society today, everybody is a F**King winner! 

I'm done ranting, for now.

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
I just spent 4 hours putting a leveling kit on my new silverado. 3 hours on the drivers side, thank god for YouTube and hillbillies, the passenger side only took 30 minutes. If only I looked up the video before starting...... Ugh.

We had the Same thing happen.. Thankfully we have very helpful residents in the township who pulled it off to the side of the road, and then helped us put it back on the truck when we were done with the fire.
It's worth it when you're done though. As long as your cv angles are ok

I get some hop and resistance before I should. Budget won't be open to upper control arms for a few months. But I have a 2500 if yours is a 1500 it should be able to take more as it's a lot lighter in the nose

Dec 4, 2011
US NC

Our Chief found it in the road. He got it up, rolled three sections, but just bundled the rest up and threw it in his pickup. His father just died, so he gets a pass. It was a bitch untangling all that hose though. 

The funny thing is that we're a volley station, and the guy that racked the hose last is a career firefighter. He's been catching hell for it all day. Got to keep the volley vs. career fight going, right?

FireMedic19

May 8, 2012
Vermilion, Ohio
Our Chief found it in the road. He got it up, rolled three sections, but just bundled the rest up and threw it in his pickup. His father just died, so he gets a pass. It was a bitch untangling all that hose though.

The funny thing is that we're a volley station, and the guy that racked the hose last is a career firefighter. He's been catching hell for it all day. Got to keep the volley vs. career fight going, right?
Oh for sure lol.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
oh dear... JJ keep it together partner.

So after being here since 1900est some one is on their way to relieve me (it is 1345est) I havent had food in a very long time. I am hungry, and pissed. The best not ask me to come in tonight. NOPE!

Reactions: GPC and 336

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
super troopers

at work for another 12 hours....

damn work making me miss field day!

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
So I brewed a pot of coffee(10 cups) and put another good scoop(takes 1/2 cup for rating put almost another 1/2 in) in the grounds and ran it through again......

Not good I was rude and impatient all morning and I just crashed hard

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i wonder what sho me's return policy is... i bought a flasher almost 2 years ago never having to actually use two of the leads until i got my new micro man lights i go to hook up the last light and guess what... that wire on the flasher doesnt work. the led checks out.  

if it aint one thing.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The first person to PM me with "what is wrong" with this post wins a prize of insignificant value.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Holy shit, I just slept for 15 hours straight. I normally have trouble sleeping 8 ,uninterrupted, hours at night.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
The first person to PM me with "what is wrong" with this post wins a prize of insignificant value.
I did PM him, inquiring what IS wrong :razz:

I think it was Jazz's pics that crashed the site.... and I think thats whats wrong. So, so very wrong

Reactions: GPC

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
negative, you can never go wrong with crab legs

you sir, are the epitomy of lazy. Well done! :coffee:
First off thank you. I have worked very hard to become this lazy and I am very pleased with myself. 

Secondly, I want some fucking crab legs now. 

Reactions: Phoenix_Rising

Dec 2, 2012
Pender County, N.C.
Holy shit, I just slept for 15 hours straight. I normally have trouble sleeping 8 ,uninterrupted, hours at night.
  You earned it,  good for you..

After a 5.5 hr drive Friday, a 3.5 hr drive yesterday, I get to drive 7.5 hours home today..   The seats in the Hoe are about unbearable but,,

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.