Carson SC-1012 Switch Wiring

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
I am planning to use my own switches for a Carson SC-1012 siren. The install diagram shows that the common pole of the switches is wired to the NEG pin on the siren to complete the circuit. I'm planning to use a foot pedal for the MAN switch. Does anybody know if I can just wire the common pin of my switches/foot pedal to chassis ground instead of the NEG pin? I believe the NEG pin is just chassis ground anyways because the LED ground pole of the two additional stock switches is wired to the NEG pin also.

Attachments

• Carson.JPG
    Carson.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 22

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
The neg pin to the switch is usually for the rocker switch to illuminate when active.... from what I can see here it's positive switching... 12v to one side, and your activation on the other ... if you put ground to one of those activations you could have some problems... if I recall there's an option dip switch setting that can control weather or not you want positive or negative switching, but I don't know if this exact model supports it

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Yes, but the ground pole of the two lighted switches is tied to the center pin of the other three switches, which leads me to believe the NEG terminal on the amplifier is just chassis ground. The three switches that activate the siren functions are not lighted.

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
Ground is ground... weather it's chassis or battery... anywhere on your vehicle that's metal is going to be ground... I was on the road earlier and just realized after looking at this closer that your LT1 and LT2 switches use ground to light the switches... your siren controls DO use ground activation... so if you go from your foot pedal to ground and the other side to your activation you will have tones

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.