Carson SC-409

Jul 18, 2010
Indy
I am looking at purchasing the SC-409 by Carson and I see it supports 2 100 watt sirens but need to know if they will produce wail from one siren and yelp from the other or 2 different wails from each siren. Thanks!

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
Negative. Although it can support two 100W speakers, it will provide only one tone at a time. If you're looking to get one siren capable of generating two tones simultaneously, you'll need a unit with two amps. Carson offers the SA-441 MAGFORCE, which provides two tones simultaneously; or the SA-441M MAGFORCE MECHANICAL, which adds the Mechanical tone to the original version.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Kevin K. said:
Negative. Although it can support two 100W speakers, it will provide only one tone at a time. If you're looking to get one siren capable of generating two tones simultaneously, you'll need a unit with two amps. Carson offers the SA-441 MAGFORCE, which provides two tones simultaneously; or the SA-441M MAGFORCE MECHANICAL, which adds the Mechanical tone to the original version.

Both of which have dip switches that let you select what 2 tones will be played when the selection knob is turned.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I see no reason this thread was locked... so... unlocked. If someone feels it should be locked... PM me.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.