Carson Siren HELP!

May 21, 2010
Delafield, WI
I have a Carson SC-550 Stealth Siren and I am not getting power to mode "3" on the slide switch. Fuse is good, all the wiring is good. Took a test light to check power to the unit and all is well with the siren box except I am not getting power to mode "3" at all. I am assuming it is an internal problem, any suggestions for when I open it up this weekend? All the help I can get will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
The slide switch uses optical sensors to determine its position rather than a physical contact. That makes troubleshooting it a little more difficult and not typically something the end user can fix. If you carefully open the control head you might be able to see if it's damaged, otherwise it might be something in the amp like a burnt out relay. Hard to say without looking at it.

You can also call Carson and they can help you over the phone. The designers of the sirens themselves are the ones who provide the tech support. Very friendly and knowledgable folks, give them a shout.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.