Northwest Ohio
Cool old install sheet from multifunction jet

Lightbar.pdf

Attachments

• Lightbar.pdf
    298 bytes · Views: 211
Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Just went nearly blind reading through the old board archives. I think one of the old posts indicated someone had vintage Federal and GE Powercall siren tech manuals in PDF form that they could e-mail. Probably just tired, but I couldn't find the posts again when I tried. Does anyone have this information? I an interested in Federal PA200, Interceptors and Directors if anyone has the info, and of course, the Powercall. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
thanks for posting the info toons. :D :D :D . have pa-200 , and some directors and interceptors myself. that info will come in handy .Mod could this be made a sticky ?

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I have a PA15A 1E myself and searched a while when I got the siren.

I knew nothing about sirens so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't fry anything... ;)

Glad to know those will help you!

Good luck in your projects!

Toon

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
toon80 said:

That manual is for the PA20A series B, not 2B. Series B was in production during the mid 1980s and has high-pitched wail and yelp tones like the PA20A series 2E.

Series 2B is a completely different siren. Series 2B (c. 1968) has low-pitched wail and yelp tones. I have the manual for series 2B.

There are many different versions of the Director and Interceptor models. The circuit boards and siren tones have changed over the years as Federal tried to 'improve' on the design.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
SireLite said:
John, Any Chance you can up the mib limit for pdfs up to 5mibs. As i've got a few old pdfs I'd like to share.
done

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Just a suggestion:

Would it be possible to group catalogs in manufacturer's sections?

e.g:

Fedsig

-twinsonic

-beacon rays

-Aerodynics

Code 3

-SD

-XL

-MX7000

and so on...

I know this would be a big job sorting all those catalogs but you could then go straight to what you want to look instead of rummaging in all those pictures...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
toon80 said:
Just a suggestion:
Would it be possible to group catalogs in manufacturer's sections?

e.g:

Fedsig

-twinsonic

-beacon rays

-Aerodynics

Code 3

-SD

-XL

-MX7000

and so on...

I know this would be a big job sorting all those catalogs but you could then go straight to what you want to look instead of rummaging in all those pictures...

I will give someone (who's been here a while) my photobucket password if they are willing to sort them.... anyone????

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
I have a couple of vintage Federal Signal catalogs that have some exploded views of some vintage federal signal lightbars. They look like this:

[Broken External Image]:http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/eltacogrande23/12front.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/eltacogrande23/12rear.jpg

If you all would like a specific lightbar, or if you want a higher resolution image, you can PM me, and I'll try to accomodate your request. Just remember, I'm not doing this for financial compensation, I'm doing it because I enjoy the hobby, so I may not be able to get back to you immediately. Enjoy.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Here's a few Martin Signal and Fiamm pages. The Martin Horn'sare from 1972 and the Fiamm's are from 1974. It seems not much as changed in nearly 40 years! A special thanks to Dr. Dennis Stouffer, who gave me these.

Fiamm Pg2.jpg

Martin cover 001.jpg

Martin pg2.jpg

Fiamm Pg2 001.jpg

lightbarmarci

May 4, 2011
Hungary
Henry455 said:
I have finally scanned my 1963 Federal catalog in color if anybody is interested. I scanned at 200 dpi so it is a large pdf file, approx 17mb, 48 pages. Right click to download:

1963 Federal catalog in color

This is the same pdf file but less resolution for dial up users, about 8mb:

1963 Federal catalog small

This Catalogue is beautiful:crazy:!Thanks!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
fireball3 said:
WAOow!! :crazy:
:thumbsup:

Thanks Sir!

1990 was one of the few years where the 5200 and 994 series were offered but the 8000 was not, it had been replaced by the advantedge at this point. This is a real transitional period in the whelen line, and the time frame most of my collection of whelen comes from.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

lightbarmarci

May 4, 2011
Hungary
This catalog is Hungary Beacon name by ELEKTRIS.....

Strobe,12 or 24 V,magnetic or fixed mount...

Very Old beacon.....

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
fireball3 said:
Ooh!, I have rarely seen here model 99 or 99-PA; yourself, John, have you?
I think that's the model Twin 994, which can be seen on the car of Sheriff, at the beginning of First Blood ...

The lights on the Sheriff's '78 LTD II in "First Blood" were Yankee Model 354's, not Whelen 994's. The crossbar was a Yankee product as well. In some scenes you can actually see the "Yankee" emblem.

Yankee Model 354.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Wow,. what a trip down memory lane that was,...... awesome whelen literature......... thank you

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
Does anyone have the back cover of the Yankee catalog? I'm referring to the edition featured in eLighbars' literature album on Photobucket. I once had that exact same catalog and I remember a cartoonish character (Michelin man-like) whose head was actually a red beacon.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I apologize if this isn't the right section to post this but since this is where I found the pic:

How rare and how much would the bottom light "ROCKEY-RAY" would be worth, in decent shape with a clear dome? Was this model also available as a rotating beacon or only as a 4 way flasher, and if so, how much are these worth in either cases?

I'm asking because I might be able to pick one.

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_Catalogs_Other_18.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.