Cats Eye No. 14

stansdds

Veteran Member
That is a relabeled Yankee 354/Signal Stat 374.  The only differences between the Yankee and Signal Stat are the dome shape.  Yankee used a dome with a raised section on the top, the Signal Stat dome was flat across the top.  By the way, either dome in good condition is hard to find.  I'd say that's a real nice find you have there!

OP
OP
tsquale

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
That is a relabeled Yankee 354/Signal Stat 374. The only differences between the Yankee and Signal Stat are the dome shape. Yankee used a dome with a raised section on the top, the Signal Stat dome was flat across the top. By the way, either dome in good condition is hard to find. I'd say that's a real nice find you have there!
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

stansdds

Veteran Member
And if you want to know when it was made, look carefully at the motor, there will be inked markings including a date.  That date will be close to the date the beacon was assembled.  When you clean this beacon, do not clean the motor case with any sort of solvent.  The inked markings are easily removed.

stansdds

Veteran Member
Looks like it led a sheltered life.  Take good care of it, definitely do not damage that dome!  I've not handled a Yankee dome, but my Signal Stat 374's dome (original and in excellent condition) seems thin and somewhat fragile compared to Dietz and Federal Signal domes. 

OP
OP
tsquale

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
Looks like it led a sheltered life. Take good care of it, definitely do not damage that dome! I've not handled a Yankee dome, but my Signal Stat 374's dome (original and in excellent condition) seems thin and somewhat fragile compared to Dietz and Federal Signal domes.
This dome is comparable to Federal Signal in strength and thickness

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
rweddle
Top Bottom