Cats Eye No. 14

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Living in Louisiana, I've always heard about folks having a one eyed dog, but never a cat's eye! 

Reactions: tsquale

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That is a relabeled Yankee 354/Signal Stat 374.  The only differences between the Yankee and Signal Stat are the dome shape.  Yankee used a dome with a raised section on the top, the Signal Stat dome was flat across the top.  By the way, either dome in good condition is hard to find.  I'd say that's a real nice find you have there!

Reactions: tsquale and Pimp

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
That is a relabeled Yankee 354/Signal Stat 374. The only differences between the Yankee and Signal Stat are the dome shape. Yankee used a dome with a raised section on the top, the Signal Stat dome was flat across the top. By the way, either dome in good condition is hard to find. I'd say that's a real nice find you have there!
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
And if you want to know when it was made, look carefully at the motor, there will be inked markings including a date.  That date will be close to the date the beacon was assembled.  When you clean this beacon, do not clean the motor case with any sort of solvent.  The inked markings are easily removed.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Looks like it led a sheltered life.  Take good care of it, definitely do not damage that dome!  I've not handled a Yankee dome, but my Signal Stat 374's dome (original and in excellent condition) seems thin and somewhat fragile compared to Dietz and Federal Signal domes. 

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Looks like it led a sheltered life. Take good care of it, definitely do not damage that dome! I've not handled a Yankee dome, but my Signal Stat 374's dome (original and in excellent condition) seems thin and somewhat fragile compared to Dietz and Federal Signal domes.
This dome is comparable to Federal Signal in strength and thickness

Reactions: stansdds

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.