CENCOM Gold Horn Ring Input - no Airhorn Option

code352

May 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Hi All,

I've been bench testing a CenCom Gold, and I can't make the siren produce an Air Horn Tone on Horn Ring input. It will cycle the siren tones in HF Mode, and acts as Manual in Siren Mode, but I cannot get it to produce air horn on standby.

I read one thread that suggests that this is not possible, but I was hoping to get a second opinion.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thermoman24

Apr 26, 2012
New York
http://www.buschandassociates.com/technical/CenCom_software_guide.pdf

Should be the same as the cencom red software from looking at the software guide. just click the radio buttons and flash the unit. if it still isn't working confirm correct wiring and then try the forums again I suppose. Hope you figure it out, and I didn't just annoy you.

Horn Ring

Description - The Horn Ring input can be used to activate various siren tone functions. If the siren is currently inactive,

pressing the Horn Ring will broadcast the 'Siren Inactive Tone' selected (Airhorn, Ramp Stop, Ramp Coast or Manual

Mechanical).

If the siren is currently active (Wail, Yelp, or Tone3 sounding), pressing the Horn Ring will activate the 'Wail, Yelp, T3

Override Mode.'

• If the sounding tone is Wail or Yelp, the “Wail, Yelp, T3 Override Mode” causes the tone to change from

Wail to Yelp, or Yelp to Wail respectively.

• If the sounding tone is Tone3, the 'Wail, Yelp, T3 Override Mode' activates the 'T3 Override Tone'.

Details - This input is enabled by default. It can be disabled and becomes unused if the function is not desired. The

Horn Ring input can be programmed to be Positive or Ground activated. Refer to the Manual Button (MAN) for “Siren

Override” and “Siren Inactive” tone activation preferences.

In addition, individual outputs can be selected to turn ON using the appropriate check boxes on the left. Any output that

is checked will activate when the Horn Ring is pressed during Hands-Free operation in ‘Hands-Free’ mode. These

outputs will only be active when a tone is active. These outputs will be deactivated when the siren is shut off.

code352

May 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
As a follow up to this, I had originally programmed the unit with CenCom Gold ARM programmer 4.2 when I experienced the issue.

I reprogrammed with CenCom Gold ARM programmer 5, and the option for standby tone was accessible on the "HORN RING" input config. The newer version of software solved the issue.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.