Cencom Gold Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I having a little problem with my Cencom gold and I was wondering if anyone has ever had the problem before.

One of the 20 Amp wires and 2 of the smaller 10 amp wires that come out of the main unit of the cencom seem very touchy. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. They wont work and then once I tap the box it starts working again. I wanted my deck lights to be plugged into one of them. I have two sync dual avengers. I pulled the entire power wire out to see if there was a short somewhere but there isn't. I unplugged my front lights and tried to plug them into those wires and they also don't work until I tap the main unit. Once I close the trunk, they turn off again. Sometimes when I hit bumps they turn back on again. I tried pushing the wires in to make sure everything was in but that also didn't help. Any ideas???

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Check all the connections and the grounds but if its when u tap the box and only on that output maybe the relay is loose inside or a fault in the brain. Contact Whelen if you have warranty and see if they know about an issue. If not open it up and try to see if any relay is loose

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Okay thanks...I don't know too much about the components of the actual unit. Is it something I can fix myself or will I have to have it sent out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.