Cencom Gold Troubleshooting

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
We have a patrol car thats acting up right now. Sometimes the control head flashes all the buttons, and nothing works. We shut the car off and turn it back on and everything works normally. We've been trying to recreate the problem and trying to determine a pattern to making it malnfunction. There's no apparent trigger for it, but the Cencom has done this to us twice in the last 2 hours. Any idea what this means or how to fix it?

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Before a Whelen guru comes along, have you checked all the connections? Some things just balk when connections, especially power, gets interrupted even briefly.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Yeah we checked the connections for power and even the data cable from the brain to the controller. One of the Whelen guys said it could be caused by jump starting the car, but we're not sure if that has been done or not. We took the car out of service and it's scheduled for repair.

deputychief301

May 21, 2010
Snow Belt, Michigan
WoW. I am surprised you have'nt called Hugh Albright, I think he is still a Whelen Rep,

Dave he is just down the road from ya . You can always call Patrick from priority

I am sure he is a great trouble shooter.Let me know and I will give you his cell

number

Jim Rogers

Northern Lights/Sirens :mrgreen:

Pods are the Future

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.